roosters crowing

mikesbigroo

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Altamont
I have a roo who is about 1yr old, crowing nicely, anyhow i have raised some chics that are now about 6 mts old, there is a couple roos in that batch, they never crow,, although the older roo is in a separate coop from them, is it normal for just one roo to crow, or will the other roos start crowing as well,, the older one is a sebright, the others are RIRs

i am surprised they are not crowing but they will crow. i suspect roosters crow more when they hear others. it is a teritorial thing.

We have lots of roosters-25 or so...want more? Really most of mine never crow..I mean have not once dared to try.We have the King and his successors that crow and all the lowley paupers don't compete...many of those are older than the King of the pastures.It's more dominance than anything else...if they were to crow they know they would be quickly put back in the dungeon
smack.gif
right back to the darkest spot in the coops.Our neighbors across the road also have a few so they talk all day to each other.
Want funny watch a great big JG and BA roo being ordered around by a little Leghorn and Minorca(not tiny but much smaller)

Back
Top Bottom