Root Beer knows his name and loves to sing and dance!

Meara

Songster
9 Years
Jan 23, 2011
Midwest
Root Beer is a small, exceptionally sweet, bantam Easter egger rooster. He is a year old. Little RB grew up to be the smallest of all his brothers and sisters. The other guys picked on him so much that he wasn't able to get to the food so I brought him inside to be a "house rooster" until I can find him a home. Every home needs a house rooster! LOL In one of the photos you can see him standing with a serama rooster so you can tell how small he is.

Root Beer is a sweet heart and very gentle. Even a small child could scoop him up and carry him around. He knows his name and he knows the word "treat". Those ARE the most important words to know, right?! He has been wonderfully behaved in the house, but really, he'd rather be with the other chickens and he gets quite lonely:( He dances for me whenever I go over to talk to him. I don't mean an aggressive challenging dance. I mean he is sweet on me and he likes to show off and hear me tell him what a pretty boy he is. Every time I give him any kind of food or treat he "sings" for his imaginary hens. He is soooo cute. He dances around the food and clucks up a storm, but the poor guy doesn't have any hens of his own to feed the treats to.

His set-up has been in the living room and near my incubator. He becomes concerned anytime there is a hatch going on and he can hear babies peeping in the incubator. If I show him a baby chick he will look at it intently and then he will dance for the baby! Heehee So cute. He is awesome with all the chicks and when he was still out in the coop the babies used to roost on his back and he let them. He really is an exceptionally sweet boy.

I want Root Beer to go to a home where he will be loved and appreciated. Also, he needs to be protected from bigger, more assertive roosters that will easily beat the tar out of him. His big brother can whoop his hiney in one second flat. I am willing to ship him. The shipping price is a guess and exact cost would depend on your location. You would be responsible for providing a shipping box.

Can you give him a home? Please PM me if you have any questions. Thank you!

Hello:) My name is Root Beer!
77777_p11200611.jpg

Compare sizes - Root Beer on the left and a Serama rooster on the right
77777_p1070454.jpg

Root Beer waiting for his morning coffee;) OK ok, actually he was eating some yogurt I put in a bowl for him.
77777_p11200361.jpg

What a handsome boy!
77777_p11200711.jpg

Stop taking my picture already!
77777_p11200761.jpg

Catching up on his reading;) I didn't pose him! These books were sitting on the top shelf of a bookcase and he likes to get up there and roost.
77777_p1110736.jpg

They aren't exactly friends, rather they try to ignore each other. My cat gets annoyed if Root Beer starts crowing. LOL
77777_p1110033.jpg

Check out all those lovely feathers!
77777_p11200441.jpg

Last edited:
What a sweet face! We have a couple spoiled house chickies too - it's a hoot. I agree you should keep Rootbeer!

That pic of him on the books is just too cute!!! I think that should be on the homepage!!!

If I didn't have dogs in the house, I'd take Rootbeer and let him live here.

What a cute boy you have there!! Too bad you are unable to keep him. I hope you find him a loving home where he can has his own ladies and rule the roost
smile.png

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom