Rotating egg recommendation with detached air cells

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
I am in the middle of a self debate right now. I have two set of shipped eggs both have really bad air cells, extremely wobbly. I can leave them in my “China” bator that has an auto turner that turns the eggs every two hours, or I can put them in a homemade bator with an incukit incubator system and hand turn in my own upright turning egg carton 3-5 times a day. Is it better to turn detached or damaged air cells fewer times a day so the cell spends less time moving, or doesn’t it make a difference.

One set of eggs is really hard to come by so I really want to take what ever measures I can to give them the best chance to hatch.

Was literally just about to post the same thread!
I have a dozen Lavender Aruacana eggs (shipped), two ok, 1 saddle shape and 9 detached. Annoyingly i candled them on day 4 and all have embroyos so fertitlity is excellent.
I currently have them sat up in egg cartons with a slight lean which i move only slightly 3 times a day.
Is this the best method?
They are my first mail order eggs, im willing to drive 100 k to collect eggs to avoid shipping but no one seems to have aruacanas anywhere near me :(

Back
Top Bottom