rouen duck gender voicing question.

AnnaL

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 3, 2014
I am new to ducks. I have 3- 1 Pekin and 2 Rouens. They are all 4 weeks and the Pekin's voice has changed, so I assume she's a girl. My rouens still have more of the high pitched squeak.

Here is a picture from a week or 2 ago:

I originally read that irls started quacking around 4 weeks, but today I read it could be 5 or 6 weeks before they start quacking. I also read that the boys won't have a voice change until 8 weeks or so. So my question is, when should I be able to tell for sure if they are boys if their voices haven't changed?

I am new to ducks. I have 3- 1 Pekin and 2 Rouens. They are all 4 weeks and the Pekin's voice has changed, so I assume she's a girl. My rouens still have more of the high pitched squeak.

Here is a picture from a week or 2 ago:

I originally read that irls started quacking around 4 weeks, but today I read it could be 5 or 6 weeks before they start quacking. I also read that the boys won't have a voice change until 8 weeks or so. So my question is, when should I be able to tell for sure if they are boys if their voices haven't changed?

Looks like one is black so not a Rouen . Go to utube and look up vent sexing ducklings . It may tell you best done at day old but try it anyway . Not hard to learn . Otherwise you just have to wait it out .

Back
Top Bottom