Rouen egg question

Garciaaxen

Chirping
Nov 20, 2023
Hello everyone! I was a mommy to 3 Rouens(1Drake 2hens) but sadly 1 passed away & they were too young to tell if it was a hen or my drake. Weeks later I’m so glad to say I have a hen & a drake! Their names are Boat & Daisy & they’re a month & a few weeks old.

Basically I would like to know when do they start mating? If Daisy was to have eggs do I need to let her sit on them or would I need to incubate them? If at some point I don’t want anymore eggs or if there’s too many, how do I respectfully get rid of them? Thank you.

Here's an article about Rouens you might find helpful. We raised them as kids and I loved them a lot and even had one as a personal pet. It says they lay eggs between 7 to 10 months, but some even as early as 4 months can happen, so that'd be about the same time they start mating.

It's your choice to let her sit on them or you incubate them. If she sits on them, she takes care of them rather than you though. If you're going to sell the ducklings, then I'd incubate them.

There are Facebook poultry groups for your state and region. I'd post your ducklings in one of those.

Back
Top Bottom