Thanks @dawg53 , I really appreciate the advice. I just want to make sure I should go ahead and give them the Ivermectin/Praziquantel, seeing as I administered Ivermectin 2 days ago? I am tempted to wait, and administer the Ivermectin/Praziquantel on day 10 (starving them for day 9). Thoughts?

Thanks @dawg53 , I really appreciate the advice. I just want to make sure I should go ahead and give them the Ivermectin/Praziquantel, seeing as I administered Ivermectin 2 days ago? I am tempted to wait, and administer the Ivermectin/Praziquantel on day 10 (starving them for day 9). Thoughts?
Hello - I'm in a somewhat similar situation and am wondering how you proceeded and what the outcome was?

Dosed one hen with Safeguard a few days ago thinking roundworm issues, then found tapeworm bits in another hen's poop. Have some Eqvalan Gold that I will use on hens suspected of tapeworms.

Hello - I'm in a somewhat similar situation and am wondering how you proceeded and what the outcome was?

Dosed one hen with Safeguard a few days ago thinking roundworm issues, then found tapeworm bits in another hen's poop. Have some Eqvalan Gold that I will use on hens suspected of tapeworms.
Hello @Winchikn - I’m sad to say I’m still battling with both. However, due to another health issue, I now have a vet that will help us with meds moving forward, so I will be bringing in samples to their office, and they will give me what is appropriate. I tried eqvalan gold twice, and I think bc my flock is in an enclosed run, it’s very difficult to scoop their droppings quick enough before the worms/worm eggs are in the soil.

I’m going to prob wait until the spring or the ground has dried up a bit, before our next deworming.

let me know if you have any luck!!!!

Hello @Winchikn - I’m sad to say I’m still battling with both. However, due to another health issue, I now have a vet that will help us with meds moving forward, so I will be bringing in samples to their office, and they will give me what is appropriate. I tried eqvalan gold twice, and I think bc my flock is in an enclosed run, it’s very difficult to scoop their droppings quick enough before the worms/worm eggs are in the soil.

I’m going to prob wait until the spring or the ground has dried up a bit, before our next deworming.

let me know if you have any luck!!!!
I'm sorry your issues are ongoing. Ugh... worms!

I'm in BC, with a large enclosed run but not big enough to avoid worms when everything starts to melt along with spring rains this time of year. And our local vet stopped doing floats for us a couple of years ago so I'm not 100% sure of everything I'm treating, but I know we have roundworm and now tapeworms have turned up for the first time.

I'm going to try the Eqvalan Gold this week - I've got two hens in poor condition and don't think I can wait til it dries up as that might take a while yet. I'll try to remember to let you know how things turn out.

Back
Top Bottom