Roundworms in chicken poop. HELP!!

Kearaaaa23

Chirping
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, I already identified the worm to be a large roundworm since I researched a lot before getting chickens but now one of my hyline laying pullet has got them. I noticed 2 in her poop today and she ate them again so what happens to those worms? What happens if the other chickens eat them? Is it deadly? Im in the UK so safeguard and medications like that aren't available. Are there any other dewormers I can use like cat or dog dewormer treatments for the chickens? Any help will be appreciated since I don't know what to do. Please send links to the medications! Thanks :)

Hello everyone, I already identified the worm to be a large roundworm since I researched a lot before getting chickens but now one of my hyline laying pullet has got them. I noticed 2 in her poop today and she ate them again so what happens to those worms? What happens if the other chickens eat them? Is it deadly? Im in the UK so safeguard and medications like that aren't available. Are there any other dewormers I can use like cat or dog dewormer treatments for the chickens? Any help will be appreciated since I don't know what to do. Please send links to the medications! Thanks :)
Buy Flubenvet/Flubendazole for your birds. It'll take care of all types of roundworms.

Yes, it has Piperazine in it.
That's great, we got it for her. Also she's been vomitting but pooping aswell? Her crop seems to be emptying not sure but her poops are really watery. She also occasionally yawns and shakes her head for a minute or 2. Does that mean she has gapeworm? If so what treatment would you recommend? I'm confused on what to give her since I don't know if you can give multiple treatments at once.

Back
Top Bottom