rsrpoultry

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2020
How RSR came to be...
I have always had a love for poultry one way or another. Even when I was little... as in there are pictures of me running around with chickens just everywhere. As I got older I learned about breeds, how to care for chickens, dealing with predators, and little bits and pieces of just life in general on how to deal with animals. So, chickens just so happen to become my hobby and kept me busy.

Being such a fan of our feathered friends I always have had a flock of some sort. It was about four years ago when I thought to myself, "Well, chickens need food and food costs money... How can we work this out?" So, my first micro-business was born. Henstoeggs. I ran under that name in my tiny town for about four years just selling extras and eggs here and there nothing more. My business name was just to make me feel good I guess.😂 Four feather full years went by, some amazing inspiring birds came through such as Twiggie, Roadrunner and Lucky (the only chick out of 5 incubation trys to hatch because I officially am the world's worst mother hen... we don't talk about it 😅). Many adventures came out of the four years of my micro-business. Nothing really profitable but, a true hobby. Not really a business until this year...
Welcome To RSR Poultry
I had been storming up new names because HenstoEggs wasn't really screaming at me and again it wasn't anything more than a hobby that had a name. We had just bought this new ranch and it was called River Side Ranch. We had no idea until we had found an old, battered, weather wore, wooden, sign with that name on it on the property. That name for some reason really just sang for me. All honestly, I have no idea why. Kinda like I have no idea why about a lot of things...😂
RSR Poultry is now open and picking up and running... so here are my day to day ordeals, struggles of RSR Poultry.

Yah know, just out doing chicken things and doing stuff... Nothing new...

Goals:
-> White Crested Blue Cuckoo Polish ( breeding stock chicks as of 4/8 )
-> My Own Designer Chicken Breed... (do we know how this is happening... nope... do we know when... nope... are we gonna wing it... yep *welcome to the wing it club...*)

Adventures and everything in between will be shared below in the near future!!!!😇🤩

Back
Top Bottom