Rumpless from scratch. I have a thro-back rooster without a tail. want to get him to pass on the trait. Help. All advice appreciated.

jennywoolrich

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2022
WIN_20211020_11_57_56_Pro.jpg

Don't know about this however in the field of gamefowl the traits I bred for where found by the roosters daughters when bred back .A penny for anyone else's thought.

Don't know about this however in the field of gamefowl the traits I bred for where found by the roosters daughters when bred back .A penny for anyone else's thought.
This is good news, I have back bred daughter to rumpless roo twice and have got two young roos with less tail - but im not sure what to do now.
My original hen is old and I have no roos from her.
I have one of her daughters from another roo. Can i do the young lesser tailed roo crossed with her - or are they too closely related? Half siblings.
Also how many generations can I breed back to the rooster ?

Last edited:
Be careful when tight breeding it has its positive and it's negative s I bred for competition traits it can make your fowl health issues more difficult and they get smaller my guess is how game bantums were made new blood from heathy flock same strain helps improve health but I always avoided brother sister mateing when raising competition fowl.However I did find out the pullets from a cock most part throw his traits as a cock offspring However Hens are the key to keeping a strain like peas in a pod color comb type etc.

Back
Top Bottom