Run Modifications

jthornton

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 30, 2017
Poplar Bluff, MO
My Coop
My Coop
I've been wanting to put a little overhang on the east side of the run to keep snow, sleet, ice and water off of my nest box and feeder... I finally found my roundtuit and got that started the other day. Just lacking the tin to be done. I went out as far as I could and still clear the top of my hat...

run-07.jpg

JT

Very important, clearing the top of your hat. I just finished my new coop, and the roofline drops to 5' along the back, with a 2-3' walkway between the back wall and the fence. Fortunately, I don't need to go back there very often, but I've already found those rafters with my head half a dozen times.

Very important, clearing the top of your hat. I just finished my new coop, and the roofline drops to 5' along the back, with a 2-3' walkway between the back wall and the fence. Fortunately, I don't need to go back there very often, but I've already found those rafters with my head half a dozen times.

I did the same thing while building my run. The ground is sloped where I have it, and so I can walk just fine on the low side, I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the construction of it with how frequently I was smacking my head into 2x4s on the high side of the slope.

I've been wanting to put a little overhang on the east side of the run to keep snow, sleet, ice and water off of my nest box and feeder... I finally found my roundtuit and got that started the other day. Just lacking the tin to be done. I went out as far as I could and still clear the top of my hat...

View attachment 1370474

JT
Sweet!
Did you run the new rafters inside to sister onto the old ones?

Back
Top Bottom