run out of starter food!!!!!!!!! URGENT QUESTION!

aran

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 28, 2007
rochester ny
Oh no disaster has hit! The engine in my car blew up today...car is totally toast. Then I cleaned out the brooder this evening and discovered that im out of starter food. I dont finish work until 6pm tomorrow night. There is a tractor supply and a country max about 30mins away but I dont know what time they close to get more food. What is there that I could feed them in the mean time...would they be ok for 1 day on rolled oats? How about kids cereal???I know it was a dumb mistake but it is what it is. My chicks are 3.5 weeks old and feathering up nicely I might add. They have eaten 20lbs of starter food in 3 weeks!

thanks in advance

Things like this happens to a lot of us! ^_^

I've fed mine crushed up corn bread, the occasional stray bug... and unintentionally, they've eaten the dog and cat food... just because they could get to it. All before they were 4 months old.

Just make sure they have something crumbly and broken up.. you should be ok! ^_^

Hope that helps,

Cricket

:Dthanks so much guys. They have enough food in their feeders and on the floor to get through until I get home, then I will give them some eggs and I will try and get some corn bread. WHat a bad day yesterday with the car dying etc!

Oh well onward and upward

ok guys and gals, crisis averted...i went to tractor supply co this evening *( they didnt close until 8pm!) and got 50lbs of starter food! I have another 14 ( at least) chicks from Ideal arriving next friday evening.

Back
Top Bottom