*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Going to pick up some new ducks today that im so excited about. Replenishing our duck flock. Sold all of our last ones when we had no choice. We were unable to seperate things properly from the chickens. But now we are ready.
I have hatched out a few runner babies from metzer hatching eggs a few weeks ago. A couple blacks, blues, choc, and fawn and whites.
And am purchasing this flock this afternoon.
5 hens and 1 drake.Excited for these colors.
View attachment 2075103View attachment 2075104View attachment 2075105

Interesting. They called those ducks 'fawn and white'? They sure look like Penciled Runners to me. I used to raise them from Holderreads stock and showed them. I have seen a couple hatcheries calling Penciled Runners 'fawn runners'... Fawn Runners don't have black or really drark brown heads and the females aren't penciled. Fawns are a tan to beige color. and head and body are about the same color... In England they call the Penciled Runners , Fawn Runners... but not over here...I would say those are Penciled Runners...Metzger got a lot of Dave Holdrreads breeding stock...

Interesting. They called those ducks 'fawn and white'? They sure look like Penciled Runners to me. I used to raise them from Holderreads stock and showed them. I have seen a couple hatcheries calling Penciled Runners 'fawn runners'... Fawn Runners don't have black or really drark brown heads and the females aren't penciled. Fawns are a tan to beige color. and head and body are about the same color... In England they call the Penciled Runners , Fawn Runners... but not over here...I would say those are Penciled Runners...Metzger got a lot of Dave Holdrreads breeding stock...
No they didnt call them fawn & white. I think the only spot i mentioned fawn and white in my post is the babies i hatched myself.
but no... the adult runners that I purchased in the photo are not fawn and white.
And yes the drake is penciled.

Hi, I was wondering, how do I join? I have two baby ducks I got today! Pretty excited to watch the grow up. The one with a fuzzy head is Psyduck and the little one is Ducklett.

IMG_20200409_120421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom