*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Runners and chicks first day outside to "Play". We put the ducks in with the chicks and they all snuggle up together! So cute!

I think the ducks have taught the chicks how to get "all the pretty little ducks in a row"

Runners and chicks first day outside to "Play". We put the ducks in with the chicks and they all snuggle up together! So cute!

I think the ducks have taught the chicks how to get "all the pretty little ducks in a row"
cute. Glad to see the lil ones doing well. Once you have ducks you certainly understand that saying
wink.png

Cool, I will try the feather duster in a mo. Do you have it suspended or anything or just on the floor? I've just bought some fairly big wood shavings so may give up with the towels and try that instead. I was worried about them eating them early on.
I actually have a binder clip attached to their box and I wrapped the loop around it so that the feather duster is a bit off of the ground hanging. It works great and the feather duster does not get gunked up.

Yeah I can't tell too well. Shouldn't be magpies as the guy only had runners and appleyards. The runners were mixed colours.

The duckling with the black cap looks exactly like a Magpie duckling, but Magpies are derived from Runners. There are no Runners with a black cap that I know of, but if you have a lot of colors anything can happen. It should be marked in a cool way in any event.

Edit: I now see that you are in GB, so it is probably a Runner, you folks have different color combinations than we do here.

Walt

Last edited:
The duckling with the black cap looks exactly like a Magpie duckling, but Magpies are derived from Runners. There are no Runners with a black cap that I know of, but if you have a lot of colors anything can happen. It should be marked in a cool way in any event.

Edit: I now see that you are in GB, so it is probably a Runner, you folks have different color combinations than we do here.

Walt

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know we had different versions of runners to you. I'll post you pics when it's bigger so you can see what it looks like.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know we had different versions of runners to you. I'll post you pics when it's bigger so you can see what it looks like.

It seems a lot of poultry breeds here are a bit different than yours. Not totally, but usually in small ways. In this, case mostly the colors you would see. Folks in GB seem to be more interested in colors than we here in the US are. If I have a chance today I will take a picture of a Magpie duckling.

Walt

Just quickly I've noticed one if my ducklings shaking a lot recently. Last night he was panting and shaking at the same time. I turned the fire down and sprinkled him with cold water and he was ok after that. When I've noticed the shaking its when he's just gone outside or in the bath or running around the floor. Could it be excitement? I know runners can get excitable and skittish..

Back
Top Bottom