*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
The happy dance. Ours do the same thing. It gets even better if they're in the pond. Lots of flapping,splashing and underwater swimming.
smile.png

Yeah mine go beserk in the pond! In fact sally usually does and the other two dash around the outside getting splashed by her!

I need some advise. I just hatched some runner ducks on Tues, the 27th. One was stuck in the shell for many hours. I had to help it out. He seems to have a lame leg. At first it just stayed straight out behind him. I taped his two legs together for a day or so. He now moves around ok, but when he tries to stand tall and walk with the other ducks, his leg is so turned inward that he trips over it. What should I do? Can it be straighten out? Please advise. Thanks!

Does he have a full range of movement in the leg? Describing it as just staying out straight behind him means its not likely to be something like a slipped tendon - and since he can walk - hopefully in time with some more strength the leg will improve. Have you given him a swim yet? That can be really good for building up some strength in the leg.

Today a very special package arrived.
love.gif
I have been in need of females to add to my flock and when Francines eggs didn't work out and then she died I was completely at a loss. Not only was there no babies to add to the bunch but my sweet girl was gone too. The day Francine passed away my husband ordered me 3 chocolate runners (he's very caring and crazy) this is a picture of one of them laying in my hand. I love this stage of their lives because its about the only time I don't look like a scary YETI hungry for duck. I can't tell them apart yet so I haven't named them. My daughter thinks Coco should be one of their names and I like that too. I will post more pictures when I get all 3 of them to pose

She's super tired after her long journey to Wyoming.

Back
Top Bottom