*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
couple questions....i bought niacin capsules for my ducklings who should ship out the 19th..bottle says the capsules are 500mg and everything i've read so far says 150mg per gallon of water..what do i do with the 500mg capsule? 500mg is the only kind i can get.

2nd question...i've read a few posts of people saying they moisten crumbles for ducklings..and i was wondering if fermented feed would be ok for the ducklings?...it'd be super easy for them to eat and i have plenty from feeding it to my chickens

couple questions....i bought niacin capsules for my ducklings who should ship out the 19th..bottle says the capsules are 500mg and everything i've read so far says 150mg per gallon of water..what do i do with the 500mg capsule? 500mg is the only kind i can get.

2nd question...i've read a few posts of people saying they moisten crumbles for ducklings..and i was wondering if fermented feed would be ok for the ducklings?...it'd be super easy for them to eat and i have plenty from feeding it to my chickens
I would put one capsule in a cup of water. Dissolve it well. Pour a quarter cup of that (500 divided by 4 is 125) into a gallon of water. Put the rest of the niacin solution in the frij and pour a quarter cup into a gallon when you refresh water. It ought to be fine in the frij for a few days.

I think my question for your second question is that crumbles have a different formulation than what you'd be feeding to adults, yes? Once they are three weeks old, I think that would work, unless you are feeding layer to the chickens at that time, and I am guessing the extra calcium would be too much for immature organs.

I don't know how many ducklings you are going to have. But the numbers I am going to have go through a lot of water quickly. I would get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. Fill with 3 - 3.5 gallons of water and add 1 capsule. Then use the water from the bucket. For me that would last a day if that long.

Have never fed moistened feed or fermented feed so I can't comment there.

I started the switch at two weeks - adding a small amount of grower pellets to the starter crumble, and each day, a little less crumble, a little more grower, till there was no more crumble. Took a week or so.

HI...I'd love to join your group!?

I'm new to runners. I got my first runner this fall. He is a Blue runner. I'm in love, but then again I love all my chickens and ducks. I will be getting 2 blue hens in a few weeks. So excited. I also have a black and white Magpie drake. This spring I have plans to increase my duck flock some more.

Sometimes you get skipped over. Of course you can. I keep meaning to ask you how the boy is doing. He was such a good drake here.

Nutrena Naturewise All Flock is what my 5 LF cochin's get...it's just like Flockraiser but 18% protein instead of 20%.  will be easy just having to give them the all flock once their big enough...cochin girls really like the pellets so hopefully my runners will to

Ours love the pellets. There's not nearly the amount of waste.

HI...I'd love to join your group!?

I'm new to runners. I got my first runner this fall. He is a Blue runner. I'm in love, but then again I love all my chickens and ducks. I will be getting 2 blue hens in a few weeks. So excited. I also have a black and white Magpie drake. This spring I have plans to increase my duck flock some more.
Hi, LuvMychicks1491,

I apologize for not extending a welcome.
hide.gif

The 24th of this month will be our runners' fourth birthday. How about that?!

Congratulations on your runner, and I hope all your feather babies are doing well. Have you had some of this intense winter weather? I would think so.

Sometimes you get skipped over. Of course you can. I keep meaning to ask you how the boy is doing. He was such a good drake here.
He is doing great! He gets along great with my Magpie Craig, they are best buds. They kids named him Remington Tuff Lips after their favorite cartoon right now. I call him Remmy. I'm sure that they are going to really enjoy having some girlfriends once the babies get a little bigger. I 'm on the look out for a few more, hopefully some Magpies too. This morning I was watching them and he was sticking his head in the pop door of the coop wondering what all the racket was about. One of the hens egg song was more like a heavy metal song. Thanks again for him!

He is doing great! He gets along great with my Magpie Craig, they are best buds. They kids named him Remington Tuff Lips after their favorite cartoon right now. I call him Remmy. I'm sure that they are going to really enjoy having some girlfriends once the babies get a little bigger. I 'm on the look out for a few more, hopefully some Magpies too. This morning I was watching them and he was sticking his head in the pop door of the coop wondering what all the racket was about. One of the hens egg song was more like a heavy metal song. Thanks again for him!

Good to hear. His dad is real gentle around the girls and fairly easy going. He'll probably give you some nice ducklings in the fall when your new girls are bigger. Just remember that he has the chocolate gene in him, you may get some odd color ducklings :)

Back
Top Bottom