*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pretty pretty pretty! I set mine this morning so we will have ducklings a few days apart :) what color are yours? 

We have 1 blue and 1 black drake, 1 blue, 1 black, 1 chocolate and 1 white for girls. Of that group, the 2 drakes and the chocolate and blue females are related. The black drake and blue female both carry chocolate from their mom. We should get some different colors for sure.

Gorgeous eggs to both of you! The colors are beautiful! My ducks are getting big! Still have baby feathers. I worry they will not stay outside without me. Weather has been great here and I try to sneak inside and they follow me every time! We have been keeping them inside in a pen. How do you transition them to outside? I introduce them to their outside home, which was supposed to be with the chickens, but they have no interest whatsoever. The chickens seem very curious about them and hang out close to them, and no fights! One of my hens seems very interested in them, like she wants to take care of them, but they are already taller than her.

So, any suggestions on transitioning them to outside?

Beautiful!

Be patient, take day trips outside, have pea parties outside, get them to associate fun times outdoors. If there is an object you can place outside with them, that was part of their indoor environment, that may help.

I actually spent some time in the outdoor house the first night we had them out all night - partly because there was a ripping thunderstorm came up out of nowhere. So I sat with them through that for a while, and then just lay there with them for a while afterward.

Tougher on me than them, I think.

HI there!
I would love to become a member, but do I have to wait until my new Runner ducklings arrive?
They are coming in May.

You love runners, we love runners...I'd say you're already a member!
highfive.gif

Hi everyone, I am a first time runner duck owner...well soon to be duck owner. I have 10 eggs (6 runner, 2, cayuga, and 2 buff) in my incubator and a few have started to pip their shells. Just wondering what your experiences have been with how long it takes to completely hatch. Its almost the end of my 28th day & they seem to be taking their sweet time. Thanks for any advice/input. -Kyra

Back
Top Bottom