*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Always wanted a crested runner and I happened upon this little cutie at the local rural king so I just had to get it along with two more runners for friends!!

My feeling is that we need to be really careful with water and ducklings-- I mean, even adults can drown. (Had it happen). I like to use little Rubbermaid dishpans for ducklings, kiddie pools for adults only.

Agreed
Our ducklings get a 3 gallon tub when they're old enough. Adults get the pond.
Remember that ducklings don't have any oil to keep them waterproof. They can get waterlogged quick. Ducklings hatched under a broody don't have this problem, they get oil from mom.
Good luck with everyone's ducklings, I have 1 last batch in the incubator now with hatch day on the 23rd. I'll leave it up to the broodies the rest of the summer.

I have a question, can runner ducks have treats such as cantaloupe, tomatoes, strawberries ect...?

I just had about 10 ducklings hatch from my runners and some of their coloring looks off. My female is solid white and my drakes are white and fawn. Are their any other colors that could be produced by these parents? I'm concerned because one of my ducklings has an almost black beak.

What were you expecting from crossing white & fawn and white? What did your color genetics research tell you?
I can't seem to come across any information about it on the internet. I was expecting fawn/white and maybe some solid white ducklings but I wasn't sure if an all brown duck was possible.

Back
Top Bottom