*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

If I knew then what I knew now I would have got more!!! LOL! They really love my dog, but my dog thinks they are crazy. (He's about a 3 lb dog
lau.gif
)

I got my black, blue and chocolate runner girls from Metzers also. They were also handled less than my fawn and white. It's all about the frozen peas. The literally run to me now when the see me to see if I have goodies.

Thawed frozen peas are great too. Our ducks will mug you for em.

Frozen peas it is then! Sounds like frozen peas are crack for ducks (would they call it "quack"?), especially if they'll start mugging people for them. Different from crack in that peas are nutritious, cheap, and non-addictive. It's a win-win!

Really though, thanks for all the tips!

Last edited:
Frozen peas it is then! Sounds like frozen peas are crack for ducks (would they call it "quack"?), especially if they'll start mugging people for them. Different from crack in that peas are nutritious, cheap, and non-addictive. It's a win-win!

Really though, thanks for all the tips!
You have to keep the freezer full of em actually you need another freezer just for peas [it's in the guide book for keeping ducks happy] that way you never have to worry about them mugging people for peas and having to go to juvenile detention for trying to buy" quack" off the street.
wink.png

Hello Everyone!

My husband bought me what he insisted were Blue Swedish ducklings around Easter time. Only they're Runner ducks instead!

I'm so glad this is here because I'm duck clueless.

I will post pictures as soon as I remember to take em!

I have bad news, we lost 2 of our runner ducks to a raccoon. They were in a fenced yard, then in a dog kennel that we ran chicken wire around the bottom of it and they have a shelter and this still did not stop it. They actually went in the cage near the top where the door and the cage meet. We were mortified to find only two ducks this morning.

We are moving the remaining two into the chicken coop tonight until we can fortify the duck pen. However, we lost both females. Does anyone know where we can buy just a few ducklings? Thanks

I have bad news, we lost 2 of our runner ducks to a raccoon. They were in a fenced yard, then in a dog kennel that we ran chicken wire around the bottom of it and they have a shelter and this still did not stop it. They actually went in the cage near the top where the door and the cage meet. We were mortified to find only two ducks this morning.

We are moving the remaining two into the chicken coop tonight until we can fortify the duck pen. However, we lost both females. Does anyone know where we can buy just a few ducklings? Thanks
You can order a little as 2 ducks from Metzers in Calif. very sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear that. Good Luck with the new babies.

Back
Top Bottom