*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Is Saxony a runner duck pattern? I have three runner ducks that came in as 'surprise me' from Holderread this spring. Two are obviously black... I can figure that out. 8) I was assuming the third was fawn and white, but really it is mostly fawn with Saxony markings on the head. Thought it was a saxony (which I had also ordered) for a long time, actually, took a couple weeks to start standing like a runner. Here are two pictures of her (still in her juvenile feathers).
They may be penciled.

I have 3 eggs from my fawn runner hen trying to hatch. She has been housed with a fawn runner drake and a black call drake. Is there a way to tell early if the chicks are mutts or runners?

Are they fawn or fawn & white? If I remember correctly fawn x fawn gives fawn. I know it is the case with fawn & white. Anything that isn't fawn will be from the black call.

Well the first duckling is out and it looks like a probable mutt. Very dark brown with black legs. Are mutts still fertile? I don't mind mix breeds since I'm not selling eggs for hatching but I still want to hatch my own.

Back
Top Bottom