*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Trout ducklings look like mallard's with more yellow. Blue ducklings are grayish, usually with some yellow on the chest, and apricots look like mallard's also, but with very light markings... Sometimes so light that you can hardly see them.

However, if those are your adult ducks at the top of your photo page, you only have fawn/whites and some version of chocolate. No apricot, blue, or mallard.

However, if those are your adult ducks at the top of your photo page, you only have fawn/whites and some version of chocolate. No apricot, blue, or mallard.
Not sure which photo you are talking about but yes I do have 1 blue hen, 1 mallard hen, and 1 apricot hen along with various other colors. I rarely photograph the adult ducks as none of them are used to people so it's a bit of a downer to get nice photos.
hide.gif

All the ducklings I have do have the runner pattern although in 2 it is so lightly colored to be almost non-existent. I guess I'll know in a few weeks what colors these ducklings have (I'll post some photos). I have another hatch due for easter although all of those will be sold. I assumed the darker ones would be blues etc. but sounds like it's the paler ones that end up with the more unusual colors? It's more curiosity than anything, this set of ducklings are actually going to a herding trial this spring and sold afterwards. So I can't let myself get too attached. . although it's hard.
love.gif

Not sure which photo you are talking about but yes I do have 1 blue hen, 1 mallard hen, and 1 apricot hen along with various other colors.  I rarely photograph the adult ducks as none of them are used to people so it's a bit of a downer to get nice photos.  :oops:

All the ducklings I have do have the runner pattern although in 2 it is so lightly colored to be almost non-existent.  I guess I'll know in a few weeks what colors these ducklings have (I'll post some photos).  I have another hatch due for easter although all of those will be sold.  I assumed the darker ones would be blues etc. but sounds like it's the paler ones that end up with the more unusual colors?  It's more curiosity than anything, this set of ducklings are actually going to a herding trial this spring and sold afterwards.  So I can't let myself get too attached. . although it's hard.  :love

Apricot is a rare color. It is malard pattern with 2 blue dilution genes. it is usually paired with "trout" to make "saxony". If you have one, that is really cool! She should be an even buff color, light grey wing speculum, but you should still be able to see eye stripes.

Apricot is a rare color. It is malard pattern with 2 blue dilution genes. it is usually paired with "trout" to make "saxony". If you have one, that is really cool! She should be an even buff color, light grey wing speculum, but you should still be able to see eye stripes.

I must not have apricot then as she doesn't have eye stripes. She's runner pattern but with a funky color that isn't fawn. I may track her down and take a photo of her. . or not. I think she might be the drakes favorite as she seems very harassed and annoyed lately. Perhaps she'll be getting her own personal space for a few days?

Back
Top Bottom