*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Look at the blessing We got From a dear Friend and Member my Muscovy ducks hatched them. 15 total

Awww
love.gif
I think I've got duckling fever!

I need help pls. I have a five week old Indian runner duck. I got her/him the day she was born. My boyfriend and I have spent everyday with her and given her all of our undivided attention. She is so loving and trusting of me. She thinks I'm her momma. Sadly I am going to have to get rid of her. I would like to find someone who will give her the love and attention I gave her and am unable to now. Can someone please give me advice as to what I should do? The only other thing I know do to is have her put down. Thanks

Have you tried the rehoming threads? You might find someone there

Where do you guys get your ducks from? I had never heard of runners until I joined this website and saw this post and I'd love to get a couple
My DH brought home 2 Pekin ducklings for me on Mothers day 2 yrs ago, he bought them from our local hardware/feed/garden store. come to find out, as they grew and starting standing up and getting fawn color feathers on their chest and face, i got on the internet and researched "what kind of duck walk upright?" and that is when i first learned about the Indian Runner duck... mine turned out to both be Fawn & White Runners. they were my 2 little best friends. then i bought 14 more 1 yr ago (from Metzer Farms) and the f/w are not my best friends anymore, but they are friendly. now my flock totals 38 ducks.

Last edited:
My DH brought home 2 Pekin ducklings for me on Mothers day 2 yrs ago, he bought them from our local hardware/feed/garden store. come to find out, as they grew and starting standing up and getting fawn color feathers on their chest and face, i got on the internet and researched "what kind of duck walk upright?" and that is when i first learned about the Indian Runner duck... mine turned out to both be Fawn & White Runners. they were my 2 little best friends. then i bought 14 more 1 yr ago (from Metzer Farms) and the f/w are not my best friends anymore, but they are friendly. now my flock totals 38 ducks.

Surprise!

Last edited:
When do runners start standing up? My 2 are about 4 weeks and still aren't standing up much. Also my fawn and white runner doesn't have any fawn on her. And (I have so many questions) my black runner has yellow on her? (All female)
Black Runner (Charlotte)

"Fawn" and White runner (Phoebe)

(Pics taken at 3weeks)

Back
Top Bottom