*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

@blueducklings Hi you said to keep 1 color of each runners that hatch, do you mean 1 duck and 1 drake of each color. so, that would actually be 2 ducks of each color? should i just keep my original blue and choco drakes, or should i keep and use (for breeding back) some of the drakes my ducks hatched?

Hi, i was looking back at previous post and saw your pic... i want to snuggle this little cutie. i can see how and feel the softness of your ling... what a precious little creature. did you hatch her/him?

Hi, i was looking back at previous post and saw your pic... i want to snuggle this little cutie. i can see how and feel the softness of your ling... what a precious little creature. did you hatch her/him?

I did not. I ordered day old birds from Metzers just over a month ago.

I did not. I ordered day old birds from Metzers just over a month ago.

Personally I think that's the best way to do it. My four runner females I ordered from there are my best ducks of all. They're super friendly in comparison to the ones I got from the feed store bin. And for me, hatching is just too complicated (although we have hatched some chickens once).

Did you order yours straight run or sexed? I like that option from Metzer as well. :)

Last edited:
Personally I think that's the best way to do it. My four runner females I ordered from there are my best ducks of all. They're super friendly in comparison to the ones I got from the feed store bin. And for me, hatching is just too complicated (although we have hatched some chickens once).

Did you order yours straight run or sexed? I like that option from Metzer as well.
smile.png
If you are trying to end up with an imprinted duckling, the best bet is still to hatch one* out yourself.
caf.gif

Plus the fun you will have is priceless. However hatchititus is extremely contagious.
gig.gif
There is no known cure.
lau.gif

(*one of every duckling color, tone and shade)

Hi, I am trying to produce a penciled runner. do you know how to do that? Also, i am just having fun. I love the light colored runners. i think the silvers are beautiful. and i would love to produce an apricot.
these are the ducks i have:
2 f/w ducks
2 blue ducks
3 cocolate ducks
1 choco drake
1 blue drake
and these are the ducks (the above ducks) they have hatched out:
2 silver ducks
1 light choco duck
4 drakes (1silver, 2 blues & 1 blue/choco laced)
I checked out the book you suggested and a couple other sites. there is alot to learn, huh?
these are the 4 drakes they hatched
should i use this drake or not? i am thinking that since he is blue & choco i should not use him to breed back, what do you think?
this is one of my f/w ducks and the 2 silvers she hatched out, not sure who produced the 2 silvers? do you? could it of been my blues?
this is the light choco duck they hatched.

I sold 2 silvers and 3 blue runner ducks already.
When will my ducks get broody again? do you know? they are laying but not sitting. will they sit on eggs again this yr?
thanks for all your help.
p.s. @fowlman01 can you answer any of my Q's? i appreciate any comments or help.
The ones in the back are not silvers. Silver is actually extremely rare. It is actually a trout type color. Base color is white with reddish head and neck and beautiful spots on the body. There is a good picture of it in the ashton's book.
The one you have is a solid type color, a blue. Blue is a fun color to play with. When you breed blues you will end up with blues and blacks. You can also get different tones of blue, like lavender & lilac. But they will all continue breeding blues. Even the black ones.
Blue females will eventually get more and more white as they age...like dogs
smile.png

@blueducklings Hi you said to keep 1 color of each runners that hatch, do you mean 1 duck and 1 drake of each color. so, that would actually be 2 ducks of each color? should i just keep my original blue and choco drakes, or should i keep and use (for breeding back) some of the drakes my ducks hatched?
Nope, I kept one of every shade and color...
lau.gif
just to see what they will grow up to be.
So Blue trout, Saxony, Gold Trout, Appleyard, "Gray" Trout, etc, but every shade of these......
My breeding stock had 3 trout colored drakes and lots of different trout colored girls and one appleyard colored girl...
I also trew in a penciled girl to make things even more fun.
ya.gif

Talk about a rainbow explosion!
gig.gif

I now have 17 in all and another 12 in the bator.
Playing with colors can be extremely dangerous.
Good luck.

Nope, I kept one of every shade and color...
lau.gif
just to see what they will grow up to be.
So Blue trout, Saxony, Gold Trout, Appleyard, "Gray" Trout, etc, but every shade of these......
My breeding stock had 3 trout colored drakes and lots of different trout colored girls and one appleyard colored girl...
I also trew in a penciled girl to make things even more fun.
ya.gif

Talk about a rainbow explosion!
gig.gif

I now have 17 in all and another 12 in the bator.
Playing with colors can be extremely dangerous.
Good luck.
Got Pics?
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom