*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Seen what?? Or am I missing something.
Linda
I don't see it either.
hu.gif

Personally I think that's the best way to do it. My four runner females I ordered from there are my best ducks of all. They're super friendly in comparison to the ones I got from the feed store bin. And for me, hatching is just too complicated (although we have hatched some chickens once).

Did you order yours straight run or sexed? I like that option from Metzer as well. :)

I ordered as many females as could on the particular date I wanted. In the package there were 2 blues, 3 fawn and white, 6 black and one chocolate. I considered myself lucky to even get the chocolate because that allowed me to get all the colors that Metzers offered. And then on top of all that, I ordered one black Drake, just in case I want to expand (I definitely want to expand).

A week after they arrived we received a pair of day old Buff African goslings from Johnson's Waterfowl. They're almost a month old now are finally being allowed to graze near the herd of ducks. They weren't the friendliest little ducklings in the beginning.

I did not. I ordered day old birds from Metzers just over a month ago.
i ordered from metzer farms also, last yr. i had mine sexed and they only messed up on 2 of them. they replaced them for me at no charge. it was great doing business w/metzer farms.
these were my lings from metzer
these are the ducks this past March
they all feathered out nicely and beautiful.

The ones in the back are not silvers. Silver is actually extremely rare. It is actually a trout type color. Base color is white with reddish head and neck and beautiful spots on the body. There is a good picture of it in the ashton's book.
The one you have is a solid type color, a blue. Blue is a fun color to play with. When you breed blues you will end up with blues and blacks.  You can also get different tones of blue, like lavender & lilac.  But they will all continue breeding blues.  Even the black ones. 
Blue females will eventually get more and more white as they age...like dogs :)
thank you for your knowledge and help/suggestions.

Nope, I kept one of every shade and color...:lau  just to see what they will grow up to be.  
So Blue trout, Saxony, Gold Trout, Appleyard, "Gray" Trout, etc, but every shade of these......
My breeding stock had 3 trout colored drakes and lots of different trout colored girls and one appleyard colored girl...
I also trew in a penciled girl to make things even more fun. :ya
Talk about a rainbow explosion! :gig
I now have 17 in all and another 12 in the bator. 
Playing with colors can be extremely dangerous. 
Good luck.
do you sell your fertile eggs? i would love to buy some of yours?

Back
Top Bottom