*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Does anyone know why my ducks and chicks are hatching like five days after there hatch date? The temperature and humidity are good though
Hey, at least they are hatching. what day are they hatching on? is it day 30? do you set them in lockdown on day 25? if yes, they sound normal to me. mine hatch anywhere from day 27 to day 29.

@chickengirl72 Hi, so sorry to hear you lost a duck. was it a drake? where does your duck sleep? outside? If it was me, i would bring the duck in the house or wherever your ducklings are> i would bring her in to sleep in the same room as the ducklings. do you have a tote or a cat/dog crate? for her to sleep in? i would watch her and i would make sure she is not stressed too much while she is inside. the loss of her mate and the change of bringing her in the house may be too much stress for her. it is your call, you know her best... how old is she?
I will say a prayer for her and for you.
P.S. where are you located? PNW? is that Pacific Northwest? I have a few drakes, if you want one, no charge. they are 14 weeks old, they are blue runners. it may be too soon to add another duck? this would cause some stress, or she may really want the company?
Thank you for your kind offer, we are on the canadian side of the border in the pnw though. There are a couple of people around here who keep runners that i might be able to get a new drake from. She seems to be ok with the young ducklings nearby during the day. I haven't tried her sleeping near the ducklings, but that's a good idea too! Definitely trying not to stress her out too much

Phoebe <3

I know! She's all big now!!! You should see MoonMoon!
MoonMoon! It's been awhile since I've seen a picture of her. I love the little stripe behind her eye and the shiny black feathes contrasting with the snow white ones. They all grew super fast! There should be a slow-growing duck breed.

MoonMoon! It's been awhile since I've seen a picture of her. I love the little stripe behind her eye and the shiny black feathes contrasting with the snow white ones. They all grew super fast! There should be a slow-growing duck breed.

There should :( how are your ducks? I hope everything's well! MoonMoon was in the house today ;) she also met SpitFire, they didn't like each other very much!
Becky and Moon on the deck

Sprinkles <3

(She's a fawn/white runner in bunny form!)
Charlie ;)

Cleaned his tank!!!
Sorry for the non duck photos :)

There should
sad.png
how are your ducks? I hope everything's well! MoonMoon was in the house today
wink.png
she also met SpitFire, they didn't like each other very much!
Becky and Moon on the deck

Sprinkles <3

(She's a fawn/white runner in bunny form!)
Charlie
wink.png

Cleaned his tank!!!
Sorry for the non duck photos
smile.png
Ooooh an axolotl! I love them; they are so cool! Sprinkles is so cute! I love the little bow. So rabbits and ducks don't get along that well? That's too bad. Not surprising, though!
MoonMoon is such a beautiful duck! Every time I see your ducks, I want a magpie and a crested duck! Maybe next year .....

My ducks are doing great. Their aaaalmost done growing their feathers - well, the older ones are finished, but the WHs are not quite done. I'm pleased with my Runner. I had heard that sometimes Metzer's Runner ducks don't have the upright stance, but mine does. (Of course, she won't stand up straight for a picture!
roll.png
) Here they are!

Btw, do you know why my Runner has a one black/dark blue shoulder and one that's regularly colored? You can kind of see it in the pics; it's her right shoulder. She has some other dark feathers, but that's the darkest spot.

Back
Top Bottom