*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Ooooh an axolotl! I love them; they are so cool! Sprinkles is so cute! I love the little bow. So rabbits and ducks don't get along that well? That's too bad. Not surprising, though! MoonMoon is such a beautiful duck! Every time I see your ducks, I want a magpie and a crested duck! Maybe next year ..... My ducks are doing great. Their aaaalmost done growing their feathers - well, the older ones are finished, but the WHs are not quite done. I'm pleased with my Runner. I had heard that sometimes Metzer's Runner ducks don't have the upright stance, but mine does. (Of course, she won't stand up straight for a picture! :rolleyes: ) Here they are! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Btw, do you know why my Runner has a one black/dark blue shoulder and one that's regularly colored? You can kind of see it in the pics; it's her right shoulder. She has some other dark feathers, but that's the darkest spot.
Oh your runner is so beautiful! I think it's just the way she was breed. I think I'm going to steal her now.... ;) if you don't have any drakes you should get some crested! I'm bad, I have 4 drakes... I separate them during breeding season though. It's crazy how fast they grow up right? Seems like yesterday all four could sit in my hand. :) did you ever find out what that mystery duck was?

Oh your runner is so beautiful! I think it's just the way she was breed. I think I'm going to steal her now....
wink.png
if you don't have any drakes you should get some crested! I'm bad, I have 4 drakes... I separate them during breeding season though. It's crazy how fast they grow up right? Seems like yesterday all four could sit in my hand.
smile.png
did you ever find out what that mystery duck was?
Thanks. I love my Runner. Yeah, I guess the the dark spot is because of the way that color is bred. I don't have any drakes - or room in the coop for more ducks, but since I'm getting more next year anyways, maybe when I build another coop, I could get a crested (and a Magpie, and more Runners, and an Ancona, and an Aylesbury, and a Swedish, and a Cayuga, and a White Layer, .....)
They grow too fast
hit.gif
, but I think my Runner grew her feathers in the slowest (or maybe the WHs.) I remember having Liliuokalani sleep in my hand, but now ..... I have duckling fever! I have to make it all the way till next year!
My WHs are both girls!
yesss.gif
They both quack, at least. It's weird that Puddles has a dark head, though. I guess it'll turn white soon.

Thanks. I love my Runner. Yeah, I guess the the dark spot is because of the way that color is bred. I don't have any drakes - or room in the coop for more ducks, but since I'm getting more next year anyways, maybe when I build another coop, I could get a crested (and a Magpie, and more Runners, and an Ancona, and an Aylesbury, and a Swedish, and a Cayuga, and a White Layer, .....)
They grow too fast :hit , but I think my Runner grew her feathers in the slowest (or maybe the WHs.) I remember having Liliuokalani sleep in my hand, but now ..... I have duckling fever! I have to make it all the way till next year!
My WHs are both girls! :yesss:  They both quack, at least. It's weird that Puddles has a dark head, though. I guess it'll turn white soon.

Oh cute! How many ducks/other abimals do you have? :)

Please don't PM me, I can't answer! You can answer my questions on the thread for Holly if you want :)

Question my 3 day old duckling got cut on it's head. I have cleaned the wound and applied Neosporin. I have it inside under a heat lamp. Acting normal, eating, drinking and chriping.I tried to close the wound,but it will not close. I think you can see it's skull. Is there anything else I should do? The would is looking better than it was yesterday.

I just have to add that I am so excited that after 1 year and 3 failed attempts, Jae Jae hatched 9 babies!

Has this happened to anyone? I turned on the lights where my 4 week old runners were this morning and they got very scared. I think I woke them up from deep sleep. Well one all of a sudden went legs straight out, head back and fell over with his wings out. Like a seizure or something. I picked her up and she came to and sat there with me for a minute and then was fine! What in the world was that?? That never happened to my other ducks! Scared me to death!!

Has this happened to anyone? I turned on the lights where my 4 week old runners were this morning and they got very scared. I think I woke them up from deep sleep. Well one all of a sudden went legs straight out, head back and fell over with his wings out. Like a seizure or something. I picked her up and she came to and sat there with me for a minute and then was fine! What in the world was that?? That never happened to my other ducks! Scared me to death!!

They can be quite startled, I have read that ducks can have strokes.

This may be an indication someone needs more B vitamins (especially niacin). Are you supplementing? What is their feed?

It could also be just one of those things, and the poor little was so scared it had a seizure.

Back
Top Bottom