*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

My runner duck started limping a bit yesterday. Today, her foot is very swollen on the joint between the webbing. Do I need to do something to it? Lance it? Soak it? Why would it be swollen? I don't see any holes of blood. Anybody have any suggestions?

My runner duck started limping a bit yesterday. Today, her foot is very swollen on the joint between the webbing. Do I need to do something to it? Lance it? Soak it? Why would it be swollen? I don't see any holes of blood. Anybody have any suggestions?

No lancing

Is it a bee sting? Then a tiny dab of benedryl

Sprain? Epsom salt compress followed with T Relief or similar

If bumble use the soak followed with a few drops of CLEAR Iodine

@Miss Lydia

@Flowerbh

Last edited:
@Kissia
   How is your duckling doing? Best you can do is keep it free from flies and dust and dirt while it is healing. Keep it from getting messed with by the other ducklings even if you have to keep it separated from them and mom. Do you have any idea how it happened that looks awful. But ducklings/ducks are amazing so I'd say this one has a good chance of healing.

Duckling seems to be doing good. I separated it from the rest the same day, keeping it in the house cleaning the wound every day. I think I got cut on a peice of chicken wire. I have it a little stuffed cat to keep it company. Snuggles close it it and is much calmer.

Duckling seems to be doing good. I separated it from the rest the same day, keeping it in the house cleaning the wound every day. I think I got cut on a peice of chicken wire. I have it a little stuffed cat to keep it company. Snuggles close it it and is much calmer.
@Kissia that is great news. It's healing up well? So many things our little ones can find to hurt themselves on we never knew where there. Glad to hear the little is doing good.

If you decide to re introduce to mum and sibs be sure to do it when she has them all outside and are distracted with a treat then maybe try slipping little into the group and watch closely if mom gets aggressive, ducks are not like chickens sometimes they won't recognize one of their own if it's been away for a while.

Keep us updated.

No lancing

Is it a bee sting? Then a tiny dab of benedryl

Sprain? Epsom salt compress followed with T Relief or similar

If bumble use the soak followed with a few drops of CLEAR Iodine

@Miss Lydia

@Flowerbh
You've covered it all A. Cutting should be last resort. Let us know what you think it may be after examining the foot real close. A stinger can stay in there for a while. My gander stepped on some kind of bee a couple years ago his foot swelled I soaked every evening before bed in warm epsom salt before bed so he would run right off and get in the pool. It took a couple days but swelling did go down. when using ES don't let them drink the water it is also a laxative.

Here's my babies 5 in total! Very new to raising any sort of farm animals
forgot the pics
pop.gif
Congrats

I'm feeding my 7 weeks old runners 16% complete egg ration chicken feed. Is this safe for them?
If it's the same as layer then it's not safe to feed to 7 week olds sounds like it's for egg layers they need either grower or all flock too much calcium for youngins. I actually have been using broiler since it is very close to Purina all flock and I want to keep using non GMO so I add some reg oat meal to their feed to cut the protein.

If it's the same as layer then it's not safe to feed to 7 week olds sounds like it's for egg layers they need either grower or all flock too much calcium for youngins. I actually have been using broiler since it is very close to Purina all flock and I want to keep using non GMO so I add some  reg oat meal to their feed to cut the protein.
has 4.0% calcium.. to much?

Back
Top Bottom