*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

not sure if this will help the drooping of the flight wings. Have to keep them in side tonight and maybe tomorrow. They don't want to walk. There balance is way off because of the wrapping.

finally found some DE food grade......

I started using it around the beginning of the year and I love it. It cuts down on the smell and I know it's good for digestive health. Also a bag goes a long way. The only thing I don't like is how powdery it is because it's hard not to breathe it in when messing with it and I know that's not good. I mix mine in with my food. (I use Dumor too by the way.)

I started using it around the beginning of the year and I love it. It cuts down on the smell and I know it's good for digestive health. Also a bag goes a long way. The only thing I don't like is how powdery it is because it's hard not to breathe it in when messing with it and I know that's not good. I mix mine in with my food. (I use Dumor too by the way.)
I just started them on the Dumor. They love it. Will the DE help with flies to? I did read that DE will not work if it gets wet. What are your thoughts on that? I want to use the DE first thing in the morning but it's so dewy till almost afternoon.

Hi, I raise Indian Runners, fawn and white, chocolate, black, blue, ( mallard, white, blue, penciled and Emory penciled on the way ) and Welsh Harlequins silver and gold phase and several breeds of Geese. I was wondering what colors others have and if anyone sells hatching eggs.

I just started them on the Dumor. They love it. Will the DE help with flies to? I did read that DE will not work if it gets wet. What are your thoughts on that? I want to use the DE first thing in the morning but it's so dewy till almost afternoon.

Our problem is that our run stays somewhat damp most of the time so we've never been able to put it on the floor. I've also read that it doesn't work when wet. I do know that it is supposed to cut down on mites and other parasites that may be living on the floor and if you also have chickens, it's good to mix it into their dust bathing area to get rid of mites.

As far as flies go though, we do have a problem with tons of flies. Last year though, a member, Amiga, recommended Spalding Fly Predators to help with flies. We bought them and we went from probably thousands of flies to a manageable amount in a matter of a couple of weeks. Those things work magic. Lol. They're these tiny little winged bugs that hatch and eat the fly larvae. They die in a month and you dont even notice they're there. We got a three month supply last year to get us through the hot months. You can get these from Spalding's website.

Also, just out of curiosity, are you using the crumble or pellet Dumor food? We started out with crumble and switched to pellets last year. As far as ducks go in our experience, there's less waste with the pellets. (I think you may have little ones though and the pellet is only available in layer). I was afraid ours would choke on the pellets and that's why I was so resistant to switching for a while after they were all on layer, but they do just fine with it in my experience. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom