*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I have 3 Indian runners at 18 weeks old. One drake and two hens. 3 happily let out this morning.. Now ones disappeared! All 10 chickens counted for.. Do they go off and secretly lay?? I'm really worried

I have 3 Indian runners at 18 weeks old. One drake and two hens. 3 happily let out this morning.. Now ones disappeared! All 10 chickens counted for.. Do they go off and secretly lay?? I'm really worried
from what i have red yes they do but you never know untill she comes back around or you find the nest. Good luck. :fl

Last edited:
Guard duty/pictures/friends

This is miko with a few groupies she keeps a close eye on for me.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
As you probably know there is a Chicken Breed Focus every week on the homepage. I thought it would be a great idea to have an Other Poultry Breed Focus! Unfortunately Sumi says that there isn't enough "Other Poultry" interest in BYC, to do that on the homepage. But that does not mean I can't do it just as a thread! So I'm going to do a weekly "Other Poultry Breed Focus" under the Forum Chicken Breeds, and then under General Breed Discussions & FAQ. This week I decided to do the Runner Duck!!! So I need your pictures! Please Private Message them to me!
Thank you!
-The Duck Ladie.

Last edited:
Good morning! We finally got some rain late last night in to early moring hours. Witch is great was getting really dry and stinky around here. As you know i had to separate my drakes from the ladys a few days ago. Yesterday i let one out to make the ladys happy and of course him. My question is. Why does he keep pushing this one white female away? If she gets to close to him he runs her off. He only does this with one white female. He is happy with all the other ones. Any ideas? Im very confused about this behaver.:idunno

Last edited:
Good morning! We finally got some rain late last night in to early moring hours. Witch is great was getting really dry and stinky around here. As you know i had to separate my drakes from the ladys a few days ago. Yesterday i let one out to make the ladys happy and of course him. My question is. Why does he keep pushing this one white female away? If she gets to close to him he runs her off. He only does this with one white female. He is happy with all the other ones. Any ideas? Im very confused about this behaver.
idunno.gif

Ducks really do seem to have their own quirks, who they like and who they don't. He may not like her cologne....
hide.gif

This is Peaches.

She built a nest before she even started laying about 5 weeks ago. And has been sitting all day since 9/9!

I have a black runner drake that is the only one I've seen mate with her. They are fertile and pretty sure they won't be mixed breed!

I tried to hatch the first few eggs from her. Made it to lock down but Rh was too high and they didn't pip. She's also the only duck that started laying, so they are all hers. Ill have to candle in a few days and remove any duds. Incubator on standby encase she quits.

This is the most exciting this to ever happen to me. It's hysterical watching her white rabbit all over when she takes a break... "Oh I am terribly late!!!! So late!!!! Oh so late!!"

This is Peaches.

She built a nest before she even started laying about 5 weeks ago. And has been sitting all day since 9/9!

I have a black runner drake that is the only one I've seen mate with her. They are fertile and pretty sure they won't be mixed breed!

I tried to hatch the first few eggs from her. Made it to lock down but Rh was too high and they didn't pip. She's also the only duck that started laying, so they are all hers. Ill have to candle in a few days and remove any duds. Incubator on standby encase she quits.

This is the most exciting this to ever happen to me. It's hysterical watching her white rabbit all over when she takes a break... "Oh I am terribly late!!!! So late!!!! Oh so late!!"
@ninja She looks pretty serious to me hope she sticks to it.

This is Peaches.

She is gorgeous! I know what you mean about her rushing all over! My Buff duck Dory goes crazy when she gets off the nest.

Back
Top Bottom