*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Added some bedding today; the same white flakes I used in all their brooders. It was somehow EVEN SCARIER, and they just stood in the doorway fretting for five minutes
1f612.png

Mine don't like change either. But the weird thing is, once one of them makes a move, the rest seem to follow pretty quickly. Lol. I'm sure they'll love their new house if you just give them time to warm up to it. I'm sure they'll especially love it in the winter.

They did eventually go in the new house. I didn't see it happen, but the food's gone and there's duck poop in the bedding, so I figure that's a pretty good sign
1f606.png

We got them a bodyguard today as well!

They were scared out of their pants for about twenty minutes, but then they settled down SHOCKINGLY well! He's been following them around for 5+ hours now, and still they don't like him closer than 2-3 feet but otherwise they're just about cool with it. I was really expecting a more difficult transition; it was harder to introduce the three younger runners to the flock!

They did eventually go in the new house. I didn't see it happen, but the food's gone and there's duck poop in the bedding, so I figure that's a pretty good sign
1f606.png

They were scared out of their pants for about twenty minutes, but then they settled down SHOCKINGLY well! He's been following them around for 5+ hours now, and still they don't like him closer than 2-3 feet but otherwise they're just about cool with it. I was really expecting a more difficult transition; it was harder to introduce the three younger runners to the flock!
lucky you. I wanted to get a African goose i think they are are called but they was sold out at the time. Your goose is a buff right?

That is funny @AimToMisbehave
   Maybe some nice warm bedding will make them feel more at home  their food bowl must have been trying toi bite them. .. I know mine sure don't like anything different. I forgot to turn the light on one evening for my Runners and Buffs to go inside [not even dark out] and they knew there was a boogie man in there waiting to pounce on them.

ditto, on the light. mine will not go into their duck house if the light is not on.

1f606.png

My female goose loves the Runners and Buffs I think she believes they are hers. Her mate dutifully follows along after her. Since The geese and ducks are flock animals your new goose will stick close. That is so cool how they have taken to each other so quickly. Toulouse geese have a great personality too.

ditto, on the light. mine will not go into their duck house if the light is not on.

You know, I was thinking about putting some solar powered lights in there... is there a particular color that's better for them? I don't want it to keep them up all night or stress their systems!

lucky you. I wanted to get a African goose i think they are are called but they was sold out at the time. Your goose is a buff right?

We're adopted ours from a nearby farm animals sanctuary! They told us he's a male Greylag, but they got him as a baby from someone with no information, so they've basically just been guessing. He lived there for over a year, which seems crazy to me, with how handsome and protective he is!

My female goose loves the Runners and Buffs I think she believes they are hers. Her mate dutifully follows along after her.  Since The geese and ducks are flock animals your new goose will stick close.  That is so cool how they have taken to each other so quickly. Toulouse geese have a great personality too.

The sanctuary we're adopting him from said he's a male Greylag, but both of those are best guesses
1f602.png
Whatever sex and breed he is, I'm already in love, and the ducks are shockingly relaxed with him around! I caught them all napping in a big group today and it was so sweet.

You know, I was thinking about putting some solar powered lights in there... is there a particular color that's better for them? I don't want it to keep them up all night or stress their systems!
We're adopted ours from a nearby farm animals sanctuary! They told us he's a male Greylag, but they got him as a baby from someone with no information, so they've basically just been guessing. He lived there for over a year, which seems crazy to me, with how handsome and protective he is!
The sanctuary we're adopting him from said he's a male Greylag, but both of those are best guesses
1f602.png
Whatever sex and breed he is, I'm already in love, and the ducks are shockingly relaxed with him around! I caught them all napping in a big group today and it was so sweet.

In our first duck house, I used solar rope lights - white - they cast a gentle light that was strongest just after sunset, and because the solar panel was in a partly shady area, the battery would discharge within a few hours so the light was not on all night - worked really well.

In our first duck house, I used solar rope lights - white - they cast a gentle light that was strongest just after sunset, and because the solar panel was in a partly shady area, the battery would discharge within a few hours so the light was not on all night - worked really well.

Oh, perfect! I'll just get the white ones then
1f604.png

1f602.png

he is very handsome. Your very lucky to have him and him you. I just love this picture. Wow :love

Back
Top Bottom