*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Just wanted to chime in to help.. He is definitely not a Greylag goose, I think the rescue is a little bit confused. All domestic geese descend from the Greylag goose. Yours appears to be a Toulouse gander with possibly a cross of American or another goose with a more prominent chest line. Toulouse are the same colour (grey) as a Greylag, perhaps that is where the confusion came in :)

As for lighting red is said to relieve stress, I did some research awhile ago and I think blue is even more ideal for waterfowl.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in to help.. He is definitely not a Greylag goose, I think the rescue is a little bit confused.  All domestic geese descend from the Greylag goose.  Yours appears to be a Toulouse gander with possibly a cross of American or another goose with a more prominent chest line.  Toulouse are the same colour (grey) as a Greylag, perhaps that is where the confusion came in :)

As for lighting red is said to relieve stress, I did some research awhile ago and I think blue is even more ideal for waterfowl.

Oh, thanks so much for the ID! I tried to do some research but the information I could find on goose breeds was crazy jumbled and sometimes contradictory, and most of the pictures aren't well labeled
1f613.png
I love him no matter what he is, but it's nice to have a better idea! Also, thanks for the light color info; that's exactly what I was wondering!

Oh, thanks so much for the ID! I tried to do some research but the information I could find on goose breeds was crazy jumbled and sometimes contradictory, and most of the pictures aren't well labeled
1f613.png
I love him no matter what he is, but it's nice to have a better idea! Also, thanks for the light color info; that's exactly what I was wondering!
I'd go with blue i have heard the same thing.

Question..
I got 7 eggs today. Does that mean 7 of my girls are laying? The next door neighbor said ducks only lay one egg a day at a time and no she doesn't have ducks.

Last edited:
Question..
I got 7 eggs today. Does that mean 7 of my girls are laying? The next door neighbor said ducks only lay one egg a day at a time and no she doesn't have ducks.
It take 24 hrs for the egg to go through all it has to to come out looking like and egg. Sometimes there are flukes but they usually work themselves out. I'd say you got 7 eggs today from 7 ducks. Congrats.

I got my first 5 from my 7 so mine are getting there too.

Got my runner ducks back. One of my hens panicked on the drive. I opened the large box I transported the ducks in and she was dead. Looked like a broken neck. So sad! All my girls are laying so good. Anyone hear of something similar? We drove through a storm on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom