*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

duck waiting to play in water in the pool. Snapped a pic at a funny time
Aww Bless
love.gif

Quick question guys, I bought 18% protein crumbles for the runner ducklings I have coming. Someone said that I should go for 22% for the first two weeks.

I know it probably shouldn't be treated like the duck bible, but Storey's Guide To Raising Ducks says 18-20%.

What percentage do you feed? Or is the stuff I bought gonna work?

Sorry if this isn't allowed, I just thought I'd get a lot of traffic here from people that know runners.

Quick question guys, I bought 18% protein crumbles for the runner ducklings I have coming. Someone said that I should go for 22% for the first two weeks.

I know it probably shouldn't be treated like the duck bible, but Storey's Guide To Raising Ducks says 18-20%.

Sorry if this isn't allowed, I just thought I'd get a lot of traffic here from people that know runners.

I feed nutrena all flock. Its 18% i think. I will doubel check . My book i believe says between 18-21% for the first couple weeks. I think 18 is perfectly fine:)

I went with Storey's Guide all the way when raising the ducklings (I don't recall any big variations from their recommendations, anyway). I did not remove water at night till they were two months old, I think that may be the only variation. Two of my Runners died from some kind of internal problems (one I know for sure was egg yolk peritonitis). All the others are still with us, vibrant, healthy ducks at seven years of age. Looking forward to at least seven more.

Ok thanks guys, after I was told to get 22% I was second guessing myself lol Not that it would've been that big of a deal to get different food, but I want to make sure I'm feeding the right stuff. You really helped put my mind at ease!

Back
Top Bottom