*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Snuggles
2764.png

Precious
love.gif

They can get them, but it is considered a flaw (why I said shouldn't ;) ).  I've also heard of Pekins getting a single black feather.  No amount of breeding will keep snow feathers from the girls and that is considered normal, but breeders will take a drake with extended black snow feathers out of their breeding program.  Pet duck owners on the other hand love their ducks no matter what. :D   Also it may be his coloration in that mode.  Ettie (one of my Rouens) has a white spot between her neck and her chest for half a year, then she molts and it's gone, next molt it's back.  When she has the spot it is easy to tell her from her sister (same momma, same hatch), when she doesn't you need them both together or one very closely examined to tell them apart.

Yes, I understand . Mine are definitely pets. And I happen to love the snow feathers.
I can not wait for each molt to see how they will change.

Your girls are very pretty. I can see how you have a problem telling them apart.

Linda

Aren't they pretty.    Another thing I just noticed yesterday is my drake and the other 2 blk runner girls all blk, are losing their blk legs on Snoop it looks like it's all run down to his toes since his toes are still blk lol   Ever noticed this before?   

Now that you bring it up. Their legs are now a slate gray instead of black. I really had not noticed.
Can not wait for first molt of the year.

Now that you bring it up. Their legs are now a slate gray instead of black. I really had not noticed.
Can not wait for first molt of the year.

It is interesting isn't it. I told Snoop I was getting a can of blk spray paint. lol

I hope mine molt soon I'd like for them to take a much needed break from laying, these girls have been non stop.

It is interesting isn't it. I told Snoop I was getting a can of blk spray paint. lol

I hope mine molt soon I'd like for them to take a much needed break from laying, these girls have been non stop.
Runners spend a lot of time... er... running, and the spray paint will chip. Then subsequent coats, more chipping eventually your drake will have a bad case of shingles. There is no way to avoid this since a duck won't sit still long enough to be sanded. I would recommend using black shoe polish - the real stuff, no the quick dry applicator kind. That way, every time you have to redo it, it will look just like new.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom