*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Earlier someone had asked about the ducklings growth rate, so I thought I'd post a pic to illustrate their phenomenal growth.
Here's one of mine at 2 days, and again at 28 days, the scale is accurate.

Yours look just like my buff orpington i had last spring!
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Are mine runners? They seem chunky for starting the 6th week. Sometimes they stand tall

When can I take my runners outside to free-range? Mine are two weeks old today, I bet they'd love the ample amounts of snails/slugs in my yard.

@Widlast - Wow, that's amazing isn't it? Mine are only two weeks old and I feel like they're huge!

When can I take my runners outside to free-range?  Mine are two weeks old today, I bet they'd love the ample amounts of snails/slugs in my yard.

@Widlast
 - Wow, that's amazing isn't it?  Mine are only two weeks old and I feel like they're huge!

If the weather is nice and you have a secure area for them they could go outside with you under supervision today.
If something scares them really bad they will take off or try to hide so make sure its where they cant get thru any fence or anything like that.

@Ducks4us - Thanks! It's supposed to be 75 degrees but it looks like it might rain. I'll find something to block off a section of the yard for them. We have a fenced in area but it's chain link and they will almost definitely get through that.

@Ducks4us - Thanks! It's supposed to be 75 degrees but it looks like it might rain. I'll find something to block off a section of the yard for them. We have a fenced in area but it's chain link and they will almost definitely get through that.
If you can do it at one time they will probably stick close to you.But def want the area secure. Lots of pics are required though.
smile.png

Earlier someone had asked about the ducklings growth rate, so I thought I'd post a pic to illustrate their phenomenal growth.
Here's one of mine at 2 days, and again at 28 days, the scale is accurate.

I kept track of every day with a Pekin (in blue obviously), a Buff and a Khaki Campbell last year. So here is a base line to expect growth. A runner will be slightly less each day than the orange/yellow lines. The numbers on the Y axis are ounces.

Hey guy! :frow I have a question!

My ducklings have blue and hazel eyes, will their eye color change as they get older or no? I just love the they have the two rare eye colors! I call them my Rare Buckets! :D

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia - I took them outside! I took some pictures, but I wanted to post the video.

0.jpg

I mainly post about my ducks HERE!​
They are so adorable. If you laid something over on end like the lid of a tote it would make them feel more secure if they are scared. Although they don't really look scared.

Back
Top Bottom