*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I've got 2.5 week old runners! 6 of them. I've already brought them outside on sunny days and successfully herded them around my yard and yesterday, instead of me following them, they followed me around. They sat in my garden bed, where I want them to eventually work! Currently they are still in a huge dog crate in my dining room (my house is 500 sq/ft)
Love them, and don't mind having them inside, but it's real good for them they're so cute

I've got 2.5 week old runners! 6 of them. I've already brought them outside on sunny days and successfully herded them around my yard and yesterday, instead of me following them, they followed me around. They sat in my garden bed, where I want them to eventually work! Currently they are still in a huge dog crate in my dining room (my house is 500 sq/ft)
Love them, and don't mind having them inside, but it's real good for them they're so cute

So cute!
I understand about getting them outside. Its so much better for them. I brooded mine outside after a week so that they could have 10 times the space. They did great.
Before you know it yours will be outside too. Ours follow us all over too. Ducks are the best
1f60d.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

yep, i brooded them in my coop/ duck house. with heat in one corner. the rest of the coop was normal outdoor temps which when i started was 30s-40s
they weaned off the heat pretty quick. . i just watched how close they stayed to the heat and raised it up each day accordingly. by 3 weeks they stayed away from the heat most the day, and only slept near it at night. . by 4 weeks they didnt sleep by it, and thats when i started giving the full outdoor access if they chose. they would go play and then come back and sleep in the covered run multiple times per day where i have straw down.
once they get in that thick white down they stay pretty warm.

getting two more fawn and white runner ducklings tonight I was supposed to get them a few weeks ago with the other 2 I have but the store misordered... so I will be getting a male and female tonight to make my flock 4 runner ducks all fawn and white 1 drake 3 hens and 2 mallard hens... tee hee I can't wait

The fiance just picked up these cuties 2 drakes 2 hens... she was supposed to only get 1 drake 1 hen... I'm not complaining we have 2 hens 2 weeks old already all fawn and white.
we also have 2 mallard hens not pictured the second pic is the first 2 runners when we first got them

Back
Top Bottom