*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Happy birthday. They are a week old today.
A cute lil lump of Runner ducklings
love.gif
Mom please a larger feeder one I can get my bill in easy.. We are getting big. lol

Happy Birthday Littles!!! oh and meal worm birthday cake right?

how have yalls experience been integrating younger ducklings with older ducklings....I have 2 almost 4 week old runner ducklings and 4 1 week old runner ducklings that will eventually be integrated together once everyone is big enough

how have yalls experience been integrating younger ducklings with older ducklings....I have 2 almost 4 week old runner ducklings and 4 1 week old runner ducklings that will eventually be integrated together once everyone is big enough
keep a close eye one them for awhile. I wouldn't leave them alone with the rest of the flock until your sure everything is ok. It can get bad fast expecially if Drakes are around.

Last edited:
You place them side by side so they can see each other but can't get too each other maybe 2 brooders with a partition in the middle something they can see each other through.. Let them live this way a week or more getting them out to socialize with supervision Once they get use to each other they will become one flock it just takes time especially with the age difference.

the age difference isn't ideal I went through a local chicken store (yes this guy has a chicken store and it's awesome) to order the ducklings and he ordered 2 the first time instead of 6 so we had to wait for the others to come in the mallards were a fiancé acting like a kid begging me to get them for her lol. The 2 older runners are in the same brooder as the bigger mallards we have a divider where they can look at each other but not get to each other. we call the mallards the stalkers since they are always leaning as far over to look at the runners lol

Back
Top Bottom