*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Cinnamon update:

We want treats! We want treats! We want treats!
DSC04414 A.jpg

I want peas. These peas!!!

DSC04438 A.jpg

Thanks, ma!
DSC04430 A.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04414 A.jpg
    DSC04414 A.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC04427 A.jpg
    DSC04427 A.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC04438 A.jpg
    DSC04438 A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Today I noticed one of our blue/grey runners standing alone in the corner. Knew something Was wrong. She seemed totally in a trance, she let me pick her up, because she was swaying and seemed off balance. As well, she seemed to not really see or hear me, or at least she didn’t seem to show any signs of caring I was there (normally shy and antsy).
I held her on my lap for some time, took her inside because I thought she was cold. It is normally above 5 Celsius here, but it was about -2-5 ish.
Inside her neck went wobbly, which had happened to some of my ducks before. They all got better after ACV and some rest.
This girl tonight went on to have incredible seizures with her head arched and stuck back. I tried holding her nice and cozy, as she was wildly flailing if I didn’t. Tried to give her water , as I thought last time (they were 2 months, now she is 1 yr) I thought it was dehydration. The water buckets have been frozen and I showed them the water today, but worry she didn’t get the memo.
She was not in a state to accept water.
Then she dies suddenly. She went stiff immediately, which made us think maybe she was alive, but stuck like that ( not sure the right word to use ) we left her for a while inside in the box, but nothing changed and she started to get cold.
It looks like botulism, the weird neck, the unsteadiness, but then the seizure doesn’t seem to fit that. Or does it?
Any advice, or ideas would be nice. The last 4 seem fine. We put a heat lamp in their pen.
Started with 6 last April, now we have 4. We just love our duckies. Lost the first one to a giangantic bald eagle.
Xoxo

Oh....good to know :(
Thank you Ravynscroft

Sorry.... did you notice anything at all odd before today? Thinking back?

How about their poops? Normal, or any odd poops that you have noticed? Was she thinner than normal, or seem same weight? Other little things might help figure it out, in case there is something that could be risking the rest of the ducks... it might have been an isolated issue, but might not... :confused:

How about their poops? Normal, or any odd poops that you have noticed? Was she thinner than normal, or seem same weight? Other little things might help figure it out, in case there is something that could be risking the rest of the ducks... it might have been an isolated issue, but might not... :confused:

I noticed her standing weird earlier, which made me go and check on her later... their water has been frozen, as have our pipes, so I wonder if they haven’t been freaked out from the floating ice. We had some trades men working in our yard, and they left bits of metal wire off cuts from a fence, so we’re worried she swallowed some, but I don’t think she did really, and would that effect her so quickly? (I’ve read about ducks and shiny metal )

Well, this situation is making me consider incubating. We have to make some new babies!

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed her standing weird earlier, which made me go and check on her later... their water has been frozen, as have our pipes, so I wonder if they haven’t been freaked out from the floating ice. We had some trades men working in our yard, and they left bits of metal wire off cuts from a fence, so we’re worried she swallowed some, but I don’t think she did really, and would that effect her so quickly? (I’ve read about ducks and shiny metal )

Well, this situation is making me consider incubating. We have to make some new babies!

Thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE

The other ducks seem fine. Thankfully

Back
Top Bottom