*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

@Pyxis I don't know if you remember but my fawn/white runner girls mated with my black boy this spring. I was told he was chocolate when I got him but then he got so black with a green head and violet on his wings that I thought he was black. Now all that is gone and he's a light brown and so pretty so maybe his is chocolate? IDK!

Anyway, he mated with my f/w girls and they produced these 2 ducks. You told me to send you pictures as they grew. One, is a girl I call Blu and the other is a drake, Patches, who is very dark but has white on his chest and some violet on his wings. He looks and sounds a lot like his daddy but he's pretty dark. This is the daddy and the moms are the girls behind him.
dwuJvbOWQ1abSBmhQI01iA.jpg
These 2 are their kids: The blue and the dark one.
I was just wondering if what color you would call them?

IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG

@Pyxis I don't know if you remember but my fawn/white runner girls mated with my black boy this spring. I was told he was chocolate when I got him but then he got so black with a green head and violet on his wings that I thought he was black. Now all that is gone and he's a light brown and so pretty so maybe his is chocolate? IDK!

Anyway, he mated with my f/w girls and they produced these 2 ducks. You told me to send you pictures as they grew. One, is a girl I call Blu and the other is a drake, Patches, who is very dark but has white on his chest and some violet on his wings. He looks and sounds a lot like his daddy but he's pretty dark. This is the daddy and the moms are the girls behind him. View attachment 1854347These 2 are their kids: The blue and the dark one.
I was just wondering if what color you would call them?

View attachment 1854356 View attachment 1854366
Your ducks are beautiful! :celebrate

I'm not 100& what here parents where but I think she light phase no chocolate? I was told that she was something like that but I didnt really pay to much attention at the time cause I just like the way she looked :he
Thanx for the info when I breed and hatch her eggs will i know better which one she is?
Yes, extended black is dominant over wildtype base :)

Is trout in runners the kind where they're jut light phase mallard, or is it the trout that is light phase mallard and also chocolate? Yours to me in that picture looks like it's just light phase and not chocolate, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Either way, what you will end up with is all black bibbed ducklings that are split to light phase mallard and also split to dusky; if it's the kind with chocolate then the male babies would be also be split to chocolate, but the females would not.

Holy molly I currently have 2 black drakes 2 black ducks 1 white duck and my favourite the trout at bar one drake will eat out of my hand
And u have such an awesome set up for urs @DuckyDonna
I've got a pretty "active" drake so I've got to keep him away from the babies (the 4 in the front of the picture) and 3 of the older girls with tore up necks from him. He's a sweet boy he's just got that little problem. Unfortunately, 2 of the babies (black & f/w) are boys too. I love them all and do not want to get rid of any of them. Why are the drakes always the sweetest, tamest, and most friendly?

Back
Top Bottom