*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

A few fresh pictures of the youngsters. They stand almost as tall as the Anconas that are 3 weeks older.
20190724_153959.jpg
20190724_153948.jpg
20190724_153936.jpg

I only have experience with three duck breeds, but the runners are by far my favorite! They're just so curious and cute. Not to mention they don't seem to be scared of my dogs.
You're way ahead of me. I only have runners. I recently saw pekins for the first time and the guy that bought my last hatch had all kinds of ducks so I got to see them in person. Honestly, I don't think I'd ever seen another breed except "pond ducks" until very recently. I agree I think runners are the coolest!

You're way ahead of me. I only have runners. I recently saw pekins for the first time and the guy that bought my last hatch had all kinds of ducks so I got to see them in person. Honestly, I don't think I'd ever seen another breed except "pond ducks" until very recently. I agree I think runners are the coolest!
We started with Pekins that where being given away, and that's what started thre addiction. They are very pretty, but I'm not a big fan of them. It might be because I didn't hand raise them, but I don't think they like me much either. Although they were very easy to coop train, and stay where they are supposed to during the day.

The Anconas and Runners came next and are much more responsive to me. The Anconas are very pretty, but nothing like the Runners.

I do have 1 black lady. I'm really hoping to get some varied colors from her and the f&w drake. :)

I've got a pretty "active" drake so I've got to keep him away from the babies (the 4 in the front of the picture) and 3 of the older girls with tore up necks from him. He's a sweet boy he's just got that little problem. Unfortunately, 2 of the babies (black & f/w) are boys too. I love them all and do not want to get rid of any of them. Why are the drakes always the sweetest, tamest, and most friendly?
Idk for sure but ik one of my guy the top dog he will come over and take a big chunk of bread and carrie it to the females and then they r all happy but they definitely keep him in line for sure lol
Have u tried putting him in a larger group of ducks for a while ik some people will do that if there drakes is very active it calms them down as they can get it out of their system without hurting ur Indian runners

Idk for sure but ik one of my guy the top dog he will come over and take a big chunk of bread and carrie it to the females and then they r all happy but they definitely keep him in line for sure lol
Have u tried putting him in a larger group of ducks for a while ik some people will do that if there drakes is very active it calms them down as they can get it out of their system without hurting ur Indian runners
I have. He was with all 6 of my older girls but their poor necks! So I segregated him for a few weeks on his own. I made a divider in the night pen so he was with them but couldn't rape. Then one day I was watching all my girls together pulling their neck feathers out mounting each other in the pool and I thought "wow, why am I punishing Sambo when the girls are doing it to themselves?". I've got the 4 babies with 2 of the young ones and 1 old one and my drake with one young one and 2 old girls and it seems to be working out really well.

The other day I left the gate between the 2 pens open and next thing I knew Sambo was in on the other side mounting an old girl so I quickly grabbed him and put him on his side. Then he was mounting another one that had crossed over into the wrong pen while all this was going on. In short, until I got everyone where they were supposed to be it was loud total chaos. Once everyone was in place it was total calm. Yes, every girl's neck looks like crap but nobody is bleeding so I guess I've done what I can do for now.

Back
Top Bottom