*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Love to see some pictures. My oldest are going on 5 and they have taken a long laying break this year. As for egg quality do they get oyster shell? but to have Runners still laying at 8 yrs old is really nice. And maybe up their protein that maybe what they are after with egg eating. Mine get a snack of meal worms and dry dog food. Fish based every day along with their feed.

I don’t have any photos of them on my new phone so I’ll take some and post them later. protein definitely isn’t an issue they get mealworms every single day, (we have to zip up the bag completely because they have learned how to jam their head into the bag and pig out on mealworms) and they don’t like oyster shell too much we’ve tried feeding it before. Sometimes we feed cooked eggs back to them.

Two kinda new blues I got.
FFE74A50-CE37-4F29-8BA9-1AF5F5C4B3E9.jpeg

Hey y’all. I’m kinda new to the duck end of backyard chickens if you know what I mean. I have a trio of fawn and white Indian runners that are at least eight years old. One female lays on and off still but the shells aren’t any good and they tend to eat the eggs anyway before we can get to them.
Are you giving them any oyster shells? I see you said they don't like them but are you offering them on the side in a separate container or are you mixing in with their food? The girls will eat them as needed and should have them so their shells are hard. I've got a few idea for containers that won't get all messy if you'd like.

I've got 17 and love them all. I started with 4 and still have 3 of them. The drake was a real jerk so he got rehomed.
These are 7 of the 9 I hatched last May enjoying their field trip into the yard.
0DC9E045-8FC9-4E3C-A58B-A0BA70B06781.jpeg

Bill, Finch and Atticus. Atticus and Finch are absolutely beautiful but won't hold still for a good picture.
IMG_2484.jpeg

This is most of the older crew. The dark one in the front is Patches. He has a new home now and is doing great. The other chocolate boy is the dad of most of my young ones.
1AD831ED-B542-4E7D-8A47-B8BF733F2324.jpeg

My only penciled girl Spot, from my first hatch.
2047F958-888F-41F0-9999-322CFBC52193.jpeg

Daisy was Spot's brother but is gone now and the reason for the over the top duck run.
92DE4098-2B9A-491B-808C-6DEE655496BB_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    920.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    989.9 KB · Views: 3
I've got 17 and love them all. I started with 4 and still have 3 of them. The drake was a real jerk so he got rehomed.
These are 7 of the 9 I hatched last May enjoying their field trip into the yard.
View attachment 2518602
Bill, Finch and Atticus. Atticus and Finch are absolutely beautiful but won't hold still for a good picture.
View attachment 2518616
This is most of the older crew. The dark one in the front is Patches. He has a new home now and is doing great. The other chocolate boy is the dad of most of my young ones.
View attachment 2518632
My only penciled girl Spot, from my first hatch.
View attachment 2518647
Daisy was Spot's brother but is gone now and the reason for the over the top duck run.
View attachment 2518656
They're so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom