*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

You lucky ducks with ducklings! I love seeing your pictures. My old runner, Amber, tried to sneak in another clutch. We found her on a nest being broody last week; she was sitting on seven eggs. Had to chase her off for the night and remove the eggs. She has hatched mostly males (one female per clutch) in the past and we don't want to deal with a lot of drakes again. Besides, we are all in with the ten ducks we have now.
She is getting so old and stiff with arthritis, I don't know what she was thinking! 🤷‍♀️

You lucky ducks with ducklings! I love seeing your pictures. My old runner, Amber, tried to sneak in another clutch. We found her on a nest being broody last week; she was sitting on seven eggs. Had to chase her off for the night and remove the eggs. She has hatched mostly males (one female per clutch) in the past and we don't want to deal with a lot of drakes again. Besides, we are all in with the ten ducks we have now.
She is getting so old and stiff with arthritis, I don't know what she was thinking! 🤷‍♀️
I can count ten ducks on one hand! 😆

I shouldn't have gotten these two latest but I was at 20, had to get rid of 7 Drakes and that made 13. Since that's an unlucky number I had to get two more from the feed store. They were looking up at me and wanted to go home with me so I could not refuse them. I am praying that they are not boys!!! My luck with letting my Mallards hatch out any is almost all drakes and with store bought I usually end up 50/50. They are just so stinking cute and my Ducks AAA meetings are not working for me!!! LOL

I can’t even go to any place I think might have baby anything I’d want to bring them home.
I was after weed killer for the driveway. They happen to have the cheapest around and have not had ducklings for quite sometime so I actually felt quite safe just going to look at the baby chicks. My husband would never allow chickens as he worked in a Chicken place as a kid and hates the smell. Just as I was asking the Clerk if they had any ducklings (which I knew they wouldn't!) I looked down and there they were. Those two just gave me the eye and that was all it took. I told the Clerk I was absolutely crazy to get them with work starting back up but he convinced me I was not so here they are in my living room and I am loving them. I named them Tick and Tock so hopefully they will be staying and not going anywhere.

Oh, the duck eye! You must never look into those adorable beady eyes. There is no resisting!
For sure, especially when they cock that little head to stare at you!!! I should ban myself from this store but I buy other things there and of course I always have to look at the babies!!! I can resist as long as I have a couple in my living room with me. lol

@Luv Ducks
Resized_20230827_074329.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom