Runner duck with scab or crusty poop on vent laying bloody eggs

You’re welcome
Keep us posted on how she is doing
Another thing k did learn was of yoy are seeing constant blood on eggs while treating her
Give her a little vitamin B complex
I do 1 ml over a treat or directly by syringe
Do this a few times a week
It really helps with blood loss
Just wanted to update and see about any advice.

For 7 days, we treated with Miconazole (once or twice a day mostly on the outside scabby bit), sprayed once a day with chlorohexidine spray and then also used hemorrhoid cream once or twice a day. We also gave quite a bit of probiotics in her feed and water. She really was irritated by the spray and miconozole but the hemorrhoid cream seemed to provide comfort and stopped her from picking at her vent.

After 7 days we stopped treating. It has been about a week and a half since we stopped and the vent was no longer protruding or swollen at all and the vent was below the level of the feathers. I think it's a great improvement. However, there is still dry cracking/scabbiness around the opening of the vent even though it is not swollen or visible past the feathers like it was previously. There is also no blood on the eggs.

Should I keep treating? How long is it safe to keep putting miconozole on a duck? When treating, should we be placing the cream inside the vent or just on the outer surface?

Thanks!

Just wanted to update and see about any advice.

For 7 days, we treated with Miconazole (once or twice a day mostly on the outside scabby bit), sprayed once a day with chlorohexidine spray and then also used hemorrhoid cream once or twice a day. We also gave quite a bit of probiotics in her feed and water. She really was irritated by the spray and miconozole but the hemorrhoid cream seemed to provide comfort and stopped her from picking at her vent.

After 7 days we stopped treating. It has been about a week and a half since we stopped and the vent was no longer protruding or swollen at all and the vent was below the level of the feathers. I think it's a great improvement. However, there is still dry cracking/scabbiness around the opening of the vent even though it is not swollen or visible past the feathers like it was previously. There is also no blood on the eggs.

Should I keep treating? How long is it safe to keep putting miconozole on a duck? When treating, should we be placing the cream inside the vent or just on the outer surface?

Thanks!
I used the yeast cream for months both inside and out as vet recommended
but once the fungal antibiotics started to work I went to just colloidal silver spray on the outside till the scabs were healed

Back
Top Bottom