Runner/kahki campbells duckling to adult colors?

Awheller

Chirping
Sep 20, 2021
I recently got 3 ducks 2 obvious runners a blue and a black and one light brown I was told was a runner but once I got them home I was suspicious as her features were a little different. She doesn't stand as straight, she has a heavier waddle, her eyes are not placed as high and her marking are are different. From my investigation she is looking to be a Kahki Campbell.

Anywho I recently hatched some cross eggs and pure runner eggs. I came out with 8 nearly the same color, 4 brownish grey with a lighter chest which are the crossed and 4 a drarker brownish grey who are do not have as light of a chest and are a tad smaller in size, these are the pure runners. Then I got 2 black babies with yellow chests that came from the campell runner . Just curious if anyone knows what colors they may turn out to be

Campell/runner-
20230404_072519.jpg
pure runner-
20230404_072157.jpg

Campbell/runner
20230403_151426.jpg
parents-
20230218_150805.jpg

Thank you!

Khaki Campbell's actually have Runner Duck in them so maybe the gene was more promenent in yours from the Runner. I just got two Fawn and White Runner ducklings born this past week and they are yellow with splotches of black around the eyes and head which I figure will be the tan and the rest the white. Good luck with yours, they sure

Khaki Campbell's actually have Runner Duck in them so maybe the gene was more promenent in yours from the Runner. I just got two Fawn and White Runner ducklings born this past week and they are yellow with splotches of black around the eyes and head which I figure will be the tan and the rest the white. Good luck with yours, they sure are cute.
Thank you! I did learn that not too long after trying to figure out what she was haha. Yeah, so far I'm seeing mostly Runner in them for sure. I've done a couple hatches and my first hatch their little tail feathers are finally coming in looking like blues and blacks! I was able to depict who came out of what shell in the beginning but as they are growing its gotten harder they look so similar, but some don't stand quite as tall. They are just the sweetest I'm so happy to have them in our bird family! 🤗

Attachments

• 20230424_154234.jpg
    20230424_154234.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230424_155420.jpg
    20230424_155420.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230424_155451.jpg
    20230424_155451.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230424_170101.jpg
    20230424_170101.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230424_155650.jpg
    20230424_155650.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 6
I recently got 3 ducks 2 obvious runners a blue and a black and one light brown I was told was a runner but once I got them home I was suspicious as her features were a little different. She doesn't stand as straight, she has a heavier waddle, her eyes are not placed as high and her marking are are different. From my investigation she is looking to be a Kahki Campbell.

Anywho I recently hatched some cross eggs and pure runner eggs. I came out with 8 nearly the same color, 4 brownish grey with a lighter chest which are the crossed and 4 a drarker brownish grey who are do not have as light of a chest and are a tad smaller in size, these are the pure runners. Then I got 2 black babies with yellow chests that came from the campell runner . Just curious if anyone knows what colors they may turn out to be

Campell/runner-View attachment 3457188pure runner-View attachment 3457193
Campbell/runner
View attachment 3457196parents-View attachment 3457198

Thank you!
Your adult Campbell looking one does look like a Campbell, or at least a very close mix with some runner in her. It could be that she sees the others and wants to stand up straight as well. As for your babies, you'll just have to wait and see! (and that's the fun of it, isn't it?) The Khaki Campbell/runner crosses could end up looking like your adult Campbell, though. Pure runner looks like a chocolate to me.

Your adult Campbell looking one does look like a Campbell, or at least a very close mix with some runner in her. It could be that she sees the others and wants to stand up straight as well. As for your babies, you'll just have to wait and see! (and that's the fun of it, isn't it?) The Khaki Campbell/runner crosses could end up looking like your adult Campbell, though. Pure runner looks like a chocolate to me.
I'm excited to see their turn out 🤗 thank you for your input!

Thanks, that is what I figured. I am afraid I will harm them if I try to vent sex them and there is no real big hurry to see what they are. I am just like the rest of the world, wanting at least one Hen of the two. They are just so quiet and good compared to my Mallard babies I have had that I have had but they were either mailed to me or gotten from a hatchery so maybe where these two were born in an incubator at a person's house it made a difference. Or with my luck maybe they are just quiet boys.
After I got my adults I fell in love and wanted a few more so I decided to hatch some and find homes for the rest. My craigslist posting was a real hit so I ended up incubating a few more hatches people wanted females or at least a couple of each. It's recommended to wait til they are 2 weeks or so before vent sexing so that's what I did. They are so small it can be hard to get past but compared to chickens they seem so hardy haha. I wasn't in a hurry for my own or really cared what sex i just wanted more babies running around! So far I've gotten about 50/50 with my hatches so it makes me feel like I'm reading right! My first 2 hatches were runner eggs and runner/khaki campell eggs, I got all blues and blacks out of them so far. Today my 3rd hatch just finished and out popped a little golden one! I'm so in love I might have to keep this one too haha I'm wondering what color it might turn, the parents are blue and black. Fingers crossed you have a hen or 2!

Attachments

• 20230502_212110.jpg
    20230502_212110.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 0
Khaki Campbell's actually have Runner Duck in them so maybe the gene was more promenent in yours from the Runner. I just got two Fawn and White Runner ducklings born this past week and they are yellow with splotches of black around the eyes and head which I figure will be the tan and the rest the white. Good luck with yours, they sure are cute.

Thank you! I did learn that not too long after trying to figure out what she was haha. Yeah, so far I'm seeing mostly Runner in them for sure. I've done a couple hatches and my first hatch their little tail feathers are finally coming in looking like blues and blacks! I was able to depict who came out of what shell in the beginning but as they are growing its gotten harder they look so similar, but some don't stand quite as tall. They are just the sweetest I'm so happy to have them in our bird family! 🤗
Oh how precious they all are. My two baby Runners I got yesterday are going to be Fawn and White like their parents more than likely as that is what I wanted. I just am praying for girls!!! lol

Oh how precious they all are. My two baby Runners I got yesterday are going to be Fawn and White like their parents more than likely as that is what I wanted. I just am praying for girls!!! lol
Awe! I'd love a Fawn and white, if I run across any ill be scooping some up
How sweet! I'd love a Fawn and white, if i come across any I'll just have to scoop a few up! My frist hatch I got 4 girls out of 10, luckily I found someone who wanted some boys for their flock and kept a few myself

Back
Top Bottom