Runner/kahki campbells duckling to adult colors?

Of course! Let me know how they do :D
So far the babies have turned out blues and blacks like their mommy and daddy! The ones I hatched from my Campbell's eggs too which leads me to believe she's more promenent in runner genes. My oldest hatch is not about a month and their adult feathers are coming in so beautiful. I did another hatch that just finished hatching today, all pure runner eggs. Out popped a little golden one! Wondering what color this one might turn out to be, any guesses?

Attachments

• 20230502_162202.jpg
    20230502_162202.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230502_212110.jpg
    20230502_212110.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 5
So far the babies have turned out blues and blacks like their mommy and daddy! The ones I hatched from my Campbell's eggs too which leads me to believe she's more promenent in runner genes. My oldest hatch is not about a month and their adult feathers are coming in so beautiful. I did another hatch that just finished hatching today, all pure runner eggs. Out popped a little golden one! Wondering what color this one might turn out to be, any guesses?
It's beautiful and looks just like the ones I just bought that are Fawn and White. Maybe that is what it might turn out to be.

Thank you. I am almost 99% sure I have a boy and a girl. One is growing a lot faster than the other and the legs have gotten longer all in one week which both are signs of boys. In the past my other three groups of two ended up being a boy and girl and the boy always was bigger and had bigger legs. At least I will have a girl and I hope I can rehome the boy if he becomes a problem to my Hens.
Awe! I hope she is actually the hen you want! And he's not a problem haha. I sit with mine in the yard in a little pen and daddy duck comes over and I can tell he wants a piece of them so I'll be waiting until they are full grown before integration. I have successfully mingled my 2 weeks and 1 months which makes me so happy. I just want a happy yard full of birds!

Last edited:
Awe! I hope she is actually the hen you want! And he's not a problem haha. I sit with mine in the yard in a little pen and daddy duck comes over and I can tell he wants a piece of them so I'll be waiting until they are full grown before integration. I have successfully mingled my 2 weeks and 1 months which makes me so happy. I just want a happy yard full of birds!
Thanks and I hope I have at least one girl too. I am glad you were able to put yours all together. It is only in the 30's this morning here in Ohio so mine are going to be inside for quite a while. Hopefully these two will get along with the rest of my flock because they are all happy right now.

Back
Top Bottom