Runny weird poop and lethargic

Any updates? Our chicken is not doing any better. I'm going to give her bath tonight. Please provide any information. We are worried.

Any updates? Our chicken is not doing any better. I'm going to give her bath tonight. Please provide any information. We are worried.
I wouldn't stress her with a bath if she is doing poorly. Chickens usually die with 2 days if they are egg bound. She may be suffering from egg yolk peritonitis. You can check inside her vent 1-2 inches with a gloved finger to search for an egg, just to rule that out. How old is she?

Thank you for replying. I already gave her the bath and she seem to enjoy it. I think she is about 3 years old. She is drinking a little and resting a lot. Her poop looks a like the images at the beginning of the thread. I'm keeping her in my bathroom over night. I'll take her back to the ladies tomorrow. I'm talking with a vet. That may happen this week. Making my self crazy reading about what it could be.

Our chicken laid a blob similar to the ones at the start of the thread and is going down hill rapidly,
This evening she didn't try to run away!
She is sitting down with her tail down and eyes shut, her comb is still red but her eyelids and under is pale
we have two white chickens and we don't know who poos what and who lays what,
her crop felt normal I will check to see if its emptied tomorrow
She doesn't smell bad
She is two years old.
we have been giving her layers pellets and accidentally gave her flubenvet for extra days
she has dried poo on around her bum area and apart from that it is clear, we looked for egg bound egg and she is internally smooth, we a few months ago we lost a chicken to sour crop
no strange white discharge outside of the vent
she was panting with her mouth open and her nostrils and eyes are clear. her upper palate is clear as well
blood returns to the comb if you pinch it
she hasn't lost any body weight and nothing feels more prominent.
replies needed urgently
Thank you

Our chicken laid a blob similar to the ones at the start of the thread and is going down hill rapidly,
This evening she didn't try to run away!
She is sitting down with her tail down and eyes shut, her comb is still red but her eyelids and under is pale
we have two white chickens and we don't know who poos what and who lays what,
her crop felt normal I will check to see if its emptied tomorrow
She doesn't smell bad
She is two years old.
we have been giving her layers pellets and accidentally gave her flubenvet for extra days
she has dried poo on around her bum area and apart from that it is clear, we looked for egg bound egg and she is internally smooth, we a few months ago we lost a chicken to sour crop
no strange white discharge outside of the vent
she was panting with her mouth open and her nostrils and eyes are clear. her upper palate is clear as well
blood returns to the comb if you pinch it
she hasn't lost any body weight and nothing feels more prominent.
replies needed urgently
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom