Russian Orloff Bantams

My first roo was pretty laid back as in not wanting to be picked up but not aggressive either. Have had a couple with the same temperment. Blue, 1st pairs son I still have, is cautious but not aggressive, the crele cockerel, did not like being held as a chick and was flighty. Now around the girls, he gave my hand a good thumping when I wasn't looking and he learned fast not to bite the hand that feeds him, and to stay back from the feed scoop! They have to learn respect.

Will anyone have any hatching eggs for sale in the Spring. I love to get some of these to start showing. Please let me know if you or anyone you know will have hatching eggs available. Thanks

I recently got 3 Russian Orloff chicks from the local feed store. I'm a little concerned though because two of them have feathering on 2 of their toes while one has clean legs. Their heads are all very much like pictures of Orloff chicks I've seen but everything I've read about the breed says that they have clean legs.. I'd love to have input from those of you who raise them. These are not the greatest pictures as they were camera shy and I missed getting the third chick's legs in the pic. The third chick is similar to the one in the first picture with slightly less feathering on the legs. I'm interested in getting some eggs to hatch as well. Feel free to pass along your price + shipping costs. Thanks in advance. =)

Last edited:
Yes, they should be clean-legged. I have personally never seen any feathering or even traces of feathering on the hundreds of chicks I hatch out each year. I do have hatching eggs available now, if you're interested? I just put a few up on my website.

Thanks!

~Heather

I work as a live in companion and just got to see my chicks again after a week. I definitely have only one Orloff and two mystery chicks. I do believe I have the large fowl variety but I'm not positive. I'll most likely be ordering eggs from you soon. I just have to wait for another payday to come. It would be awesome to be able to find a breeding pair but that is probably not likely to happen. I'd much rather get my stock from someplace like your farm than take another chance on what I end up with. Hopefully you will be hearing from me soon for eggs. Thanks so much for your help. =)

I have two Orloffs roosters for sale or trade, exactly like the one on my avatar, looking for spotted orloffs, or will trade for an spotted hen,thanks

I work as a live in companion and just got to see my chicks again after a week. I definitely have only one Orloff and two mystery chicks. I do believe I have the large fowl variety but I'm not positive. I'll most likely be ordering eggs from you soon. I just have to wait for another payday to come. It would be awesome to be able to find a breeding pair but that is probably not likely to happen. I'd much rather get my stock from someplace like your farm than take another chance on what I end up with. Hopefully you will be hearing from me soon for eggs. Thanks so much for your help. =)
They almost look like buff Brahmas, or a cross. You may be able to exchange them since they are not as advertised. Don't let ANYONE run you over. It's not fair.

Back
Top Bottom