S.O.B of a rooster with slanted pupils

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
So I have a crested cream legbar rooster and he is a real s.o.b. he sneaks up behind me and pecks me in the butt. Charges me every time I'm near the coop. Just a real turd! I always told my husband, he has wild eyes and he looks like a demon and acts like one too. Well a good friend of mine said pick him up and carry him around and that will fix him. So I started doing that, and I really looked at him and noticed he has wild looking eyes because his pupil's are long and skinny! And all my other chickens have round pupils. And before you ask both eyes are the same. Is this normal( I'm new to chickens)? Or dose it mean anything? I was hoping to breed this rooster to sell cream legbar hatching eggs. So I'd like for him to be a good bird genetically. I showed the picture to my friend and said "dont he look like a demon" and she took one look and said "kill it" :lau I thought she was serious for a second and then we had a good laugh. But seriously what do you guys think?
20200405_145712.jpg
20200405_150253.jpg

I wouldn’t breed from him, when selecting animals to propagate you always want to choose the best specimens available physically, and those eyes are a genetic fault, and also select for attitude. There are plenty of roosters out there, you’ll find a good one for your hens :)
I wonder if it affects his eye sight and that's why hes such a jerk! Any ways I totally agree with you about the best specimens, genetically and attitude!

So I have a crested cream legbar rooster and he is a real s.o.b. he sneaks up behind me and pecks me in the butt. Charges me every time I'm near the coop. Just a real turd! I always told my husband, he has wild eyes and he looks like a demon and acts like one too. Well a good friend of mine said pick him up and carry him around and that will fix him. So I started doing that, and I really looked at him and noticed he has wild looking eyes because his pupil's are long and skinny! And all my other chickens have round pupils. And before you ask both eyes are the same. Is this normal( I'm new to chickens)? Or dose it mean anything? I was hoping to breed this rooster to sell cream legbar hatching eggs. So I'd like for him to be a good bird genetically. I showed the picture to my friend and said "dont he look like a demon" and she took one look and said "kill it" :lau I thought she was serious for a second and then we had a good laugh. But seriously what do you guys think?View attachment 2077048View attachment 2077049
He is beautiful! If he was sporting goat hooves I would be worried! It's just how his eyes turned out. Gift from God! I would encourage you to bank on his uniqueness!

Between the odd-looking pupils and the mean behavior, I would not breed from this bird.

Personally, I'd butcher him and make chicken soup, but I recognize not everyone likes to "solve" their chicken problems that way.

Between the odd-looking pupils and the mean behavior, I would not breed from this bird.

Personally, I'd butcher him and make chicken soup, but I recognize not everyone likes to "solve" their chicken problems that way.
Haha I mean why not put him to good use. Anything else would be just a waste.

Back
Top Bottom