Sactp Chicken Owner

Sacto Chickens

Chirping
8 Years
May 28, 2015
Greetings,

Most people don't know that Sacramento County has an ordinance regarding owning chickens. If you do not live on a lot that is 10,000 square Feet or larger, you cannot legally raise chickens at your residence. I am looking to get that changed. There should be no restrictions on free citizens raising their own food or pets in a reasonable manor. How do you tell a man who has a 9999 sq. ft. lot that he has lost the freedom to choose what to provide for his family and the man who has 1 more square foot is HE IS FREE to make that same choice denied his neighbor?

The City of Sacramento allows chickens and has no sq. ft. requirements for your lot size. The City allows chickens. The county, for the most part, does not. Does this make sense to you?

The investment of chickens is low and the production of eggs can save quite a bit for a family. Not to mention, free range eggs taste far better and are healthier for you. There is inherent value in raising chickens and teaching our children about sustainable living. In the process they learn to respect our food sources and the responsibility of maintaining and protecting a food source. It is an invaluable lesson for our children.

My goal is to have the County Board of Supervisors change this ordinance to better represent the rural citizens of Sacramento County so that we may Pursue Our Happiness and enjoys the Freedom of our Liberties. I hope you will join me. Engage. God Bless.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/433710063477101/

You will get much more attention if you post on your state thread. Unfortunately not many people visit the NMI (this thread) out of 338,000 members around the globe. Chances of this being seen by someone in your area are very slim.

Have you also put up signs to this affect at feed stores? They usually welcome them - more chickens - more customers. The restrictions make no sense but, everybody is eager to reduce the pursuit of happiness.

Wish you success.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom