Sad news about wonderful Georgie

Awww, that story makes me so sad for your sweet daughter. I know how hard it must be for both of you and Kitty as well. I wish you well, my friend.

Thank you very much, it's so amazing how bonded a person can be to their pets. We got the tiny chicks when my family was battling a serious illness, and caring for fragile baby birds really helped strengthen my daughter.

I'm so sorry about Georgie! She obviously had a good life and was well loved.

Thank you, she was indeed loved! This was a sad day, Kitty woke us up about 2 hours earlier than normal, seeming quite distressed at Georgie being absent. Hard to believe she gone at 15 months.

I'm sorry about Goergie. It's so sad. Poor Kitty. I'm sure you all are keeping her company, but you may want to get her some chicken companionship. If you get a pullet you will need to quarantine for a month to make sure she has no communicable diseases. If you get a few chicks you might be able to rig some divider where Kitty can see them but not touch them until they are old enough to be with a full grown chicken.
Thank you for the thoughts on getting Kitty another friend. You are right, I do think she would be happiest with a new chicken pal, she and Georgie were so bonded. Kitty would squeeze into the nest box when Georgie was working on an egg to give her moral support I think! They would call to each other across the yard and run towards each other, so funny.

I am so sorry this happened to you. My view on pets that die, we should not reflect on the death or how long the life, but on how we treated them. All chickens die eventually, but if you were loving and took good care of them, you fulfilled your duty as a good pet owner! Sorry for your loss.

Im so sorry i lost 2 of my hens yesterday due to my dog.
sad.png

They will come and go if you keep on keeping chickens, unfortunately. I also have a Georgie, a 4 yr old Delaware hen. It's so hard to lose them when they go, but the alternative to me is worse--to never have those sweet souls in the first place. I have chicken footprints all over my heart from all the wonderful hens and roosters who have come and gone from my life. I just remember each one, their faces, eyes, voices, quirks, etc. They have enriched my life immeasurably.

RIP, sweet Georgie.

I am so sorry this happened to you. My view on pets that die, we should not reflect on the death or how long the life, but on how we treated them. All chickens die eventually, but if you were loving and took good care of them, you fulfilled your duty as a good pet owner! Sorry for your loss.
I think you are right. It is tough not to wonder if we missed something though, or should has done something different. Thank you for your words.

Back
Top Bottom