Safe-Guard Canine Wormer- dosage for hens?

GoldenPeep

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 1, 2013
The only Safe-Guard wormer they had at my local store was for dogs. Each 2-gram envelope says it has Fenbendazole granules 22.2% (222mg/g), which I presume means each envelope has 444mgs of Fenbendazole. It is meant to be mixed with food, not water. So what would a dose for one bird be? I'm only doing two hens right now.

Thanks

Can anyone help? I ended up giving about 1/6 of a package per hen, which, if I calculated right, is 74mg each. Is this enough? Too much? Also, for dogs it says to repeat the dose for three days. Should I repeat it for the girls?

Can anyone help? I ended up giving about 1/6 of a package per hen, which, if I calculated right, is 74mg each. Is this enough? Too much? Also, for dogs it says to repeat the dose for three days. Should I repeat it for the girls?
Most people use the fenbendazole (Panacur, SafeGuard) 10% equine paste or the liquid goat wormer for chickens. Dosage of those is 0.25 ml per pound of weight, given for 3-5 days in a row, depending on which worms are present. I am not a math wiz to convert what you have to the equine wormer, so here is a chart showing how many mg per grams in the equine paste: https://valleyvet.naccvp.com/product/view/basic/1047394?u=country&p=msds

Hi there, i'm a little confused about the dosage of safeguard because there's another post that says to give it like Valbezeb one dose wait 10 days and dose again. Can you please clarify which is correct or am I supposed to use safeguard three days in a row and do I still repeat in 10 days if that's the case?

Back
Top Bottom