Safeguard Fenbendazole Dewormer Liquid Dose??

kbgrover

In the Brooder
May 30, 2022
I recently got my chicken’s fecal float test back from our vet and she has 2 types of worms, they recommended this for deworming and I have seen it posted in groups. The only thing I am struggling with is how to administer it to our chickens?

I plan to do the whole flock but my flock is small so I would rather give each bird a dose to get it all squared away and then preventative once I know they have all had a dosage.

Only one bird is exhibiting symptoms but I’d rather do everyone. Does anyone know the correct dosage to give orally to each bird? How often?

And then the correct dosage to put into water as preventative once the initial dosage is given?

I also have ducks, should I give them the same?

Thanks all!!

SafeGuard (fenbendazole) liquid goat wormer will settle out in water, so it is best to give it to each hen orally or in a small bit of food. Dosage is 0.23 or 1/4 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days to get the more severe worms such as gapeworm and capillary worm. If you only are treating roundworms and cecal worms, you can give it at the same dosage once orally, and repeat that in 10 days.There is a 14 day egg withdrawal time if that is something you want to do. I usually don’t worry about the small amount that passes through the egg, but don’t seem or give away those eggs.

SafeGuard (fenbendazole) liquid goat wormer will settle out in water, so it is best to give it to each hen orally or in a small bit of food. Dosage is 0.23 or 1/4 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days to get the more severe worms such as gapeworm and capillary worm. If you only are treating roundworms and cecal worms, you can give it at the same dosage once orally, and repeat that in 10 days.There is a 14 day egg withdrawal time if that is something you want to do. I usually don’t worry about the small amount that passes through the egg, but don’t seem or give away those eggs.
Please help, I can't figure out this milliliter stuff. I have a 4 pound bird, can I do like a 1/4 tsp. per bird? 1/4 tsp per 2 birds? Something with a normal measurement please???? They need it but I've read through so many threads and just cannot figure out the dosage. Don't want to kill/hurt them, so frozen doing nothing. Please help!

Please help, I can't figure out this milliliter stuff. I have a 4 pound bird, can I do like a 1/4 tsp. per bird? 1/4 tsp per 2 birds? Something with a normal measurement please???? They need it but I've read through so many threads and just cannot figure out the dosage. Don't want to kill/hurt them, so frozen doing nothing. Please help!
A slightly higher dose won't hurt. Do you have a calculator that convers imperial/metric?

A 4 pound bird would get 1 ml which is roughly 1/5 of a tsp. 5 ml is 1 tsp. Most pharmacies will give or sell a 1 or 5 ml needle-less syringe if you ask for it. It can help with dosages. Feed stores sell 5-10 and larger ones.

A 4 pound bird would get 1 ml which is roughly 1/5 of a tsp. 5 ml is 1 tsp. Most pharmacies will give or sell a 1 or 5 ml needle-less syringe if you ask for it. It can help with dosages. Feed stores sell 5-10 and larger ones.
Thank you so much for the american/household measurement. That is something my old brain can wrap itself around. Can dose them tomorrow now. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom